Breville Electric Pressure Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my pressure cooker. I use it for so many things. The only thing that doesn't benefit from cooking in it is low moisture things, which end up sticking and burning...thick pasta sauce, etc. Gotta have something that creates steam. Mine's a Duromatic from Kuhn Rikon.

Hi their!!!! Good to see you!!! Yep, I used mine (WMF) for a pork roast with some spaghetti sauce - BAD news!!! lol That is definately an oven recipe or a slow cooker recipe!

I think of mine as my version of a microwave!!

Good to see you too, Elf! You're looking fetching...Have you lost weight? 8)

Yes, pressure cookers are almost as fast as a microwave. Plus they produce a much nicer, tastier, healthier product. By the way, I received an alarming e-mail this week warning, on good medical research authority, not to microwave anything in plastic or with plastic wrap over it, as there are toxic chemicals associated with cancer that leach out into the food. Has anyone else heard this??

Why NO their, I haven't, but thank you for noticing!!! :? ;)

Yes, I have heard that and someone posted on here at one time. I don't do the plastic wrap but do you know how hard it is not to do plastic bowls and such?????

Yes...Almost impossible. I was going to get a micro for our new office after the Christmas orders were done and we had money (yipee!!), but now I'm paranoid. :shock:

Tons of cheap glass bowls are manufactured and they are still good for heating frozen entrees and water!!!! Just get a really small one.

Good thought. Brand? Should we carry them online?? We used to carry Anchor Hocking and could again. The prices are excellent. It's just a matter of storing them in inventory...

I know Harold Imports carries a lot of stuff like this. They have a HUGE website and sell wholesale - might be worth checking into. You just have to figure out which ones get the least hot! lol

I'll look through my catelogs and see if I can come up with some more brands this week.

Good idea. We used to carry Harold's when we first bought the store, and they are a good source. I'll check 'em out again.

This thing about Microwaves and plastic wrap came out many years ago. The manufactures then produced "Microwave Safe" wrap, and labled the packages to this fact. I wonder if this is a new research that includes the "Safe" wrap or is it just a beatup of the old scare by anti-microwavers.

Back
Top Bottom