Brine then marinade. HELP PLEASE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Able Hands

Assistant Cook
Last night I brined 20# of split chicken leg quarters, for about 3 hours. The brine was 1cup kosher salt to 1.5 gallons of water. Also threw a bunch of other spices and herbs in with it.

While it was in the brine I made a marinade, for it. The recipe came out smelling a little strong on the vinegar side. I put it in the marinade last night for about 2 hours, but got scared I would ruin the meat if I left in there. So I removed it from the marinade and put in a covered bowl. I did not wash off the marinade, just moved it into a bowl, and put it back in the fridge.

I plan to start cooking around 4:00 today. Should I put it back in until I start cooking? This is a birthday dinner for my wife, and we have a bunch of friends and family coming over. I've never used this marinade, so I'm a bit worried about the outcome.

Thanks for the help!

Chicken turned out pretty good. I overcooked it a tad, but it was still pretty juicy, and very flavorful.

Chicken turned out pretty good. I overcooked it a tad, but it was still pretty juicy, and very flavorful.

Glad it turned out good.

That's one of the great things about dark meat, even if you over cook it a bit, it's still juicy and delicious.

Back
Top Bottom