Brined Stuffed Chicken Thighs and Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
I usually don't brine anything but today I thought I'd brine chicken thighs and two chicken breast. The thighs were boneless so I also stuffed them with cheddar cheese, jalapeno peppers, and onion. I so wrapped them with bacon and sprinkled with rub. Because the grill is so hot the cheese will probably drip out but that is okay because I want to see what the brine does. The breast s were slaugthered with mustard then rub was applied. It has been raining pretty steady since about 1 PM so I had to move the Weber to the front porch. I really need (want) a BBQing shed. I have one of those portable 10x10 tents but have never taken it out of the box yet.

The chicken was to salty. I guess I left it in the brine to long. About 14 hours. Put the chicken in the brine last night and took it out about 12:30 PM and let them sit in the refrigerator until ready to stuff and put the rub on.

How long should I brine chicken? I did read somewhere one time about 3 hours was enough. I tried 3 hours one time and that wasnt' enought.

Here is the plate. Chicken and Au Gratin Potatoes

It sure looks good to me. The chicken probably had a saline solution added, this and your brine would have made it too salty.

love them wrapped stuffted thighs! got to do that more
often...you can put frozen slivers of cheese in there and
it won't run out the ends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom