Broccoli Puree TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
If you like broccoli this is for you. It can be used to fill hollowed out tomatoes,in baked squash of choice, large mushroom caps or artichoke bottoms.
Trim amd cook 1 bunch of fresh broccoli, just til tender. Drain and set aside. In a heavy 1 quart pan, make a roux of 3 tab. butter and when it stops foaming add 3 Tab. flour, cook a few minuets to lightly brown. remove from heat .In a f/p or blender blend your broccoli and stir in the roux. Add salt and pepper to taste, add 1/4 te. of nutmeg 4 more tab. of melted butter and 4 tab of sour cream, Mix well.Put puree in your choice of container. I like mushrooms or to fill the hollowed out tomatoes top the tomato with grated cheese of choice, parm is nice as is a tangy swiss.
kadesma;)

If you like broccoli this is for you. It can be used to fill hollowed out tomatoes,in baked squash of choice, large mushroom caps or artichoke bottoms.
Trim amd cook 1 bunch of fresh broccoli, just til tender. Drain and set aside. In a heavy 1 quart pan, make a roux of 3 tab. butter and when it stops foaming add 3 Tab. flour, cook a few minuets to lightly brown. remove from heat .In a f/p or blender blend your broccoli and stir in the roux. Add salt and pepper to taste, add 1/4 te. of nutmeg 4 more tab. of melted butter and 4 tab of sour cream, Mix well.Put puree in your choice of container. I like mushrooms or to fill the hollowed out tomatoes top the tomato with grated cheese of choice, parm is nice as is a tangy swiss.
kadesma;)

sounds good to me, mouth is water'n!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom