Brussel sprouts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESS

Cook
HI ,,, Who likes BRUSSEL SPROUTS only askin as me and family love um just cooked , But do you like um ? :D or can,t you stand um :shock: or what do you do with them ??????

I like them if they are small and sweet. I've had some that were kind of bitter--didn't like those!

:) Barbara

When I was a kid we were brought up that we had to eat all our vegetables. My mum always set a good example.....but I could never work out why her brussel sprouts were so tiny. She could swallow them whole! It wasn't until I was much older that I caught her peeling the little critters so they were the size of a marble! She hated them, and I don't care for them much either!

In England they are very traditional at Christmas and I tolerate them then, just steamed so they are barely cooked.

But I found an excellent recipe for them where you quartered them and sauteed them in a light oil or butter then drizzled some balsamic vinegar on them....yum!

I think we need a drooling smiley!

I love the darn things as long as they are fresh and small. One of my favorie recipes is to toss them with olive oil, a little gorgonzola dolce and some toasted pecans.

Haven't tried it but I do recall a friend of mine saying if you tempura fry them they are great. Of course I am of the belief that if you deep fry a shoe it will taste great so if anyone tries deep fried brussel sprouts let us know how they are. Maybe with a chipotle/mayo dipping sauce sounds good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom