Brussels Sprouts My Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No way, no how, uh-uh would I eat these shrunken little heads of yuck. Feel free to bathe me in rutabegas, turnips, radishes, cilantro, sauerkraut, any other vegetable (other than sweet potatoes baked with marshmallows), just not BS.

I'm happy that others eat and enjoy them!

I've not had them since living at home with the folks, but I miss having BS steamed, coated with butter and sprinkled with some salt and lots of pepper, they are pretty good tasting. I think we used to have roast beef with them.

I've not had them since living at home with the folks, but I miss having BS steamed, coated with butter and sprinkled with some salt and lots of pepper, they are pretty good tasting. I think we used to have roast beef with them.
Hoo-rah! Another member of the Brussels Sprouts Appreciation Society.

Cut into two; steam until tender but not limp; sautee flat side down until caramelized; serve with a dressing of EVOO-a dash of liquid mustard-lemon juice-pinch of sugar.

At one time during my working life I worked for a wholesale grocery warehouse and my job was to pay the bills for the produce department. I used to get so hungry for a salad or some vegetables looking at those invoices every day. One day I got so hungry for brussels sprouts I bought some on the way home and cooked them that night. It was too many brussels sprouts. They made me sick, and I couldn't even think about a brussels sprout for years. Thankfully, I got over it, and I am back to loving brussels sprouts again, in proper portions. LOL

How was it? :chef: I'm interested. What were your dipping sauces? Like others have mentioned over the past, I like them shredded in a slaw, or fried tender crisp with bacon and onions, etc. Not just boiled, like my mom and gma used to do to the poor things..... :(

They were very tasty. :yum:
But what isn't when it's deep fried. ;)

The dipping sauces were a honey mustard concoction, a soy/ginger/garlic concoction, ranch dressing, and a horseradish mayo concoction. :chef:

If you like your Brussels sprouts on the soft side you might consider par cooking them a little first.

No way, no how, uh-uh would I eat these shrunken little heads of yuck. Feel free to bathe me in rutabegas, turnips, radishes, cilantro, sauerkraut, any other vegetable (other than sweet potatoes baked with marshmallows), just not BS.

I'm happy that others eat and enjoy them!

Cilantro!!!! :eek:

I'm one of those "Tastes like soap" people. :yuk:

Hoo-rah! Another member of the Brussels Sprouts Appreciation Society.

:clap:

We can never have too many members.

Cut into two; steam until tender but not limp; sautee flat side down until caramelized; serve with a dressing of EVOO-a dash of liquid mustard-lemon juice-pinch of sugar.

yup. I have created a number of converts.
works like this:

Attachments

• DSC_2535.jpg
    DSC_2535.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom