Buying a QUALITY professional cookware set:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK I see the site you are linking to now. Looks like they do sell (I was looking at a different site). Now your post kind of smells like SPAM.

Hey cooks!

I am in the process of making a decision of purchasing my first (and hopefully last) set of professional, quality cookware.

My main priority is QUALITY. Money is not a primary concern (I am estimating that a good set will run around $800-$1000). My life policy is that I buy the best upfront, that way I do not regret features and feel a need to upgrade. I know there are tons of brands out there, varying in material (copper, aluminum etc.).

Does anyone have one set that does everything they could ever want? I'm taking the best set you bought and have never regretted. Any helpful advice would be great.

Just so you'll know, the standard by which all others are measured is tin-lined copper of around 2 to 3 millimeters thick. This is the most supple cookware you can own in terms being responsive to changes in heat - crucial when making sauces, important when cooking everything else. Stainless steel is a lousy conductor of heat and although All Clad and other clad pans are good, they are not great like tin-lined copper. If you like to make sauces from the classic French repertoire then you owe it to yourself to own at least a couple of tin-lined copper saucepans. I promise they make a difference, regardless of what the celebrity chef du jour is hawking.

Back
Top Bottom