Cake Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjak

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I am fairly new to this forum site. I am trying to find a contemporary cake stand?
I have a white and dark brown kitchen with no handles, can't decide which cake stand? Any suggestions would be welcomed..
Thank you.

Attachments

• image-2512511532.jpg
    image-2512511532.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 351
  • image-3727053189.jpg
    image-3727053189.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 339
The silver might make more dramatic presentation, but if you want contemporary, I'd go with the white. :)

Welcome to Discuss Cooking. I like your avatar. :) Both look good to me. I would probably go with the silver, as it's more modern.

Do you want a dome? I checked Wilton's site, but didn't see anything unique or interesting. I've seen some cake stands in glass with tall pedestals that are pretty & dramatic. You might try Macy*s, Crate & Barrel, or Williams-Sonoma.

The silver one reminds me of the pizza stands they used to have in Italian restaurants.

I would go with the white one.

I have gotten rid of my cake stands because storage is a problem.

Now I improvise when I need a stand of some type.

Look around your kitchen and see what you have to work with.

A can of coffee covered with a cloth napkin could serve as a base add a favorite plate for the top.

I think neither is completely contemporary given the shape of the bases. However, the silver one is closer to the mark. (WARNING: I have no credentials as an interior decorator/designer.)

I have a clear glass one with a dome. It goes with anything and everything. If I only had those 2 to pick from I would pick white.

Hi all, I am fairly new to this forum site. I am trying to find a contemporary cake stand?
I have a white and dark brown kitchen with no handles, can't decide which cake stand? Any suggestions would be welcomed..
Thank you.
White is more elegant, if that's what you are looking for and it goes with all styles of presentation. The silver is a bit "in your face" IYKWIM, and a bit more limited in usefulness.

But then, what do I know!

I also use a clear glass one. It cost me 16 bucks American at Tar-Jay

84139.jpg

I have used the metal Simply Stunning stands from Sarah's Stands and been quite happy with them. I got the the purple one http://shop.sarahsstands.com/products/simply-stunning-enchanted-evening[/URL] A little pricy compared to 16 bucks but it is a high quality stand.

Back
Top Bottom