Calphalon vs Tramontina SS Skilets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voultsi

Assistant Cook
After about a week of searching and researching my options for a SS skillet narrowed down to two options
Calphalon : Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 10" Omelette Pan - Boxed at Amazon.com
Tramontina : Amazon.com: Tramontina Gourmet Domus 18/10 Stainless Steel, Tri-Ply Base 80102/001DS - 10 in Fry Pan: Kitchen & Dining

I want to start by saying that i have an electric stove and not a gas one .So, the price is the same so no concerne about that .The tramontina has a tri-ply base while the calphalon, i believe it is tri-ply to the sides too.The calphalon seems to have more reviews and is also more popular and also offers a lid that i wont purchase now but maybe in the future .Whats your opinion ?witch skillet should i choose :D ?

I have some of each - I'd choose the Calphalon.

I hace an issue with the bottom bowing upward on one of the Tramonitna skillets when it gets very hot - the same thing does not happen with the Calphalon.

The handles are better designed and much more comfortable on the Calphalon.

The shape of the Calphalon actually provides a little more cooking are on the bottom than the Tramontina.

Fully clad is better than a bottom disc. It provides more complete heat distribution. Also, under the right combination of circumstances, the bottoms have been known to separate.

I also have some Cuisinart and one or two All Clad. The All Clad are my favorite, followed by the Calphalon.

Last edited:
I have some of each - I'd choose the Calphalon.

I hace an issue with the bottom bowing upward on one of the Tramonitna skillets when it gets very hot - the same thing does not happen with the Calphalon.

The handles are better designed and much more comfortable on the Calphalon.

The shape of the Calphalon actually provides a little more cooking are on the bottom than the Tramontina.

Fully clad is better than a bottom disc. It provides more complete heat distribution. Also, under the right combination of circumstances, the bottoms have been known to separate.

I also have some Cuisinart and one or two All Clad. The All Clad are my favorite, followed by the Calphalon.
This kind of detailed description of the differences is exactly why I ask things like this here on DC.

Thanks Silversage.

Calphalon for sure. If it's a skillet or fry pan, you want it to be fully clad. If it's stockpot, the fully clad requirement could be ignored.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom