Can you stand another newbie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone! I'm Vicki from Kansas. I came here looking for new ideas for feeding my family of 12. That's right, my dh and I have 10 kids. They range in age from 5 up to 22. All are currently living at home, but our second dd is getting married in July, and the oldest dd is making sounds like she may move out soon, so the numbers may shift a little. Anyway, we're all stuck in food rut, and need new ideas. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. :chef:

We always have room for one more. As you seem to know, the more the merrier :). Welcome to the site. You are sure to find some great ideas here!

We not only can stand them, we welcome them. With as much cooking as you must do, you can probably teach us a thing or two. Glad you came.

Welcome Vicki.

Have fun. This is the best forum on the 'net!

Does your name indicate that you're a teacher, or how did you come up with it?

The Z said:
Welcome Vicki.

Have fun. This is the best forum on the 'net!

Does your name indicate that you're a teacher, or how did you come up with it?

We homeschool, but I found the word back when my oldest two girls were tiny. I love to read, and having taught a few kids to read, I love a word who's meaning is so connected to the way it sounds..an abecedarian is a beginning student of the alphabet, or letters:)

abecedarian said:
... Can you stand another newbie? ...

No, we really can't stand any newbies, we try to keep to ourselves and do not like to share any recipes, that is why we here everyday trying to make sure that there are no new recipes pop out ... :LOL:

(GB, we really need a wink here, I could relly use one right now)

Hey welcome. And here I thought I had a lot of kids, 5; the oldest is 20, well wil be 20 next week, the yongest is 2. Of course if my wife did not have problem getting pregnant we'd probably have 10 or 12 kids by now, but it's G-ds desision, not ours. Good luck.

Welcome Vicki,
you've found just the place for lots of recipes, great meal ideas, and wonderful, warm,caring people to share things with..Glad you found us.

kadesma:)

The age range in your family is just like mine. My little brother is 5 and my twin and I are 22. Although I don't live at home. That is kind of good my bro is a picky eater, I wouldn't want to cook for him.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I sense a hint of craziness amongst you all, so I think I'll fit right in:) My kids are: Anna, Rachel, Katherine, Emily, Benjamin, Daniel, Rebecca, Abigail, Ethan, and Elijah..the other kids reside in the garage and are Daisy T. Dog, Sploosh the Mama Cat, and her two unnamed, but rambunctious kittens. Getting out the door and to our assorted vehicles is sometimes rather interesting, as you might imagine. With all these people to feed, you know the odds of pleasing them all at the same time are practically impossible. That's where this forum comes in...Looks like there's a lot to see around here, so I'll be busy for awhile, I think!

welcome to our newest sequipedalian.

hope we can help you spend a little more time in the kitchen...:cool:

Welcome to DC!!! We're thinking about homeschooling our kids too. I would ask if you are happy with that decision but with 10 kids being homeschooled, you must be! We have two boys. Aidan is almost 3 and Callum is 5 months. Glad to have you!

img_274326_0_1f7a06b7c2315ba3d9c7a88fd21ef290.gif

A big cheery welcome to DC!!!

Back
Top Bottom