CANADA - Souris, Prince Edward Island ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
Hi friends: Anyone here from PEI?...hubby and I are going to visit there next month, as a celebration for our 60th wedding anniversary, and my getting over my surgery and radiation!!!....Good enough reasons, eh?
We'll be at a lovely inn around the town of Souris.
We love picturesque places etc....does anyone have a secret place they'd like to tell about?:rolleyes: Thanks for reading this....bye for now

Hiya, ella. Very best wishes on your 60th - what an accomplishment! Plus you apparently have good health news, yes?

Wish I knew something about PEI other than it's the setting for the Anne of Green Gables stories. I was going to say try the flipper pie, but I think that's a Newfie dish.

Have fun finding picturesque places - I bet you will. The little I know of the eastern Canadian terrain (islands, esp.) tells me you won't be disappointed.

Prince Edward Island

Dear Mudbug:....thanks so much for your very nice "e". Yes, healthwise all
seems well, and yes also to having spent 60 mostly perfect years
together!!!!
Here is an url for the place we'll be staying at for 9 days. If you read the
letters that former guests have sent, you'll find them
interesting.PEI Oceanfront Accomodations - Johnson Shore Inn
Our anniversary is the 14th of June, and our children are doing a family
dinner for us, at the eldest's home, for 12 persons, done by a private chef
who comes into their kitchen and does everything from cocktails to
desserts!!!
Leaving for PEI on the 16th. We'll arrive in Charlottetown and stay overnite
there, then pick up a car and drive to the Inn which is about 1 1/2 hours
away.
Hopefully we'll take lots of pictures, as Mike, my husband, does his
paintings from pics he has taken. Years ago he did photography, but in his
retirement years has gone over to painting landscapes and seascapes.
As far as Anne of Green Gables....eh!....LOL....I know it's a place that
lots of people go to see but Mike and I are not interested, sooooooo
I want to see and eat lots of boiled lobsters!!!!!
Thanks again for your good wishes and when we return, and if the pics are
really good, I'll send some ;)

i hope you have great time.Have not made it that far yet..nova Scotia has been the farthest for me so far. But PEI i've been told is beautiful.Have a great time~60 years,Congrats to you both

Welcome to DC!

I LOVE PEI! On of the best palces I have visited, and the people are AWESOME! Very friendly and welcoming. Great food too.

Congrats to you and hubby!

It's me again......have had to cancel our trip to PEI....Hubby has been feeling under the weather....something he has felt before....happened before we went to Cuba 2 years ago, he didn't want to disappoint me, so he said NOTHING, we went and he was a sick puppy there......this time I noticed he just wasn't looking like himself, so I confronted him with .....hey, you feeling alright?".....again....he didn't want to disappoint me, but I don't "be the fool" two times in a row....LOL....anyway, as long as we're together.....and the kids are celebrating us at a dinner at one of their homes.....a couple of years ago, he had a concussion, and we've been told that post concussion syndrome can last for some years.....it's quite possibly that. He went to the doc last week, but all seemed right...his heart, lungs, etc.....if he doesn't feel any better in the next week or so, he'll go and see the doc again....Thanks for all your good wishes, etc.....and thank goodness the news I'm giving you is no worse than this.....

ella/TO said:
Dear Mudbug:....thanks so much for your very nice "e". Yes, healthwise all
seems well, and yes also to having spent 60 mostly perfect years
together!!!!
Here is an url for the place we'll be staying at for 9 days. If you read the
letters that former guests have sent, you'll find them
interesting.PEI Oceanfront Accomodations - Johnson Shore Inn
Our anniversary is the 14th of June, and our children are doing a family
dinner for us, at the eldest's home, for 12 persons, done by a private chef
who comes into their kitchen and does everything from cocktails to
desserts!!!
Leaving for PEI on the 16th. We'll arrive in Charlottetown and stay overnite
there, then pick up a car and drive to the Inn which is about 1 1/2 hours
away.
Hopefully we'll take lots of pictures, as Mike, my husband, does his
paintings from pics he has taken. Years ago he did photography, but in his
retirement years has gone over to painting landscapes and seascapes.
As far as Anne of Green Gables....eh!....LOL....I know it's a place that
lots of people go to see but Mike and I are not interested, sooooooo
I want to see and eat lots of boiled lobsters!!!!!
Thanks again for your good wishes and when we return, and if the pics are
really good, I'll send some ;)

You might not be interested in Anne of Green Gables however I will give you a "tip" the live theatre in Charlottetown at the Confederation Building is the "best" part of Prince Edward Island. Good luck with eating "lots" of boiled lobster....won't be a problem if money is not an issue.

Trust you have a wonderful vacation. I personally myself love the Summerside part of PEI

Please keep us updated on how you enjoyed the province.

I am from New Brunswick actually and just visited your beautiful province for 2.5 weeks , returned home a week ago. Loved St. Jacob's.

My mother was born in 1921 in Saskatchewan - both her parents were from PEI. She had 101 first cousins on that island. Now there are maybe 6! Interesting family history. Hope you get to go there when your hubby is better.

I think PEI is a beautiful place to visit, at least from all the PEI tourism ads taht I've seen. :) I haven't yet made plans to see it, but one day I'd love to travel across Canada and see every major city from coast to coast. Best wishes for your trip.

Our next summer vacation is planned for PEI. I will be watching this thread to see what develops. Interested in where to eat, see....

Back
Top Bottom