canned soup of choice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i like Minestrone and adore connsome. course i love my cream of tomato with a grilled cheese! :D

Lentil, to which I add curry.
Clam chawdah, to which I add crackers and cheddar
French onion soup, to which I add an oven baked crostini with cheese.
Mushroom, which I plop into a pot full of spinache ravioli.

As you can tell stop and shop has been really pushing the progresso line selling them like 60% off ($1 a can).

Dominique's Senate bean soup, it is expensive but it is delicious.

Campbells chicken noodle is a childhood friend, and I dearly love Liptons' dried chicken noodle. Used to love Campbel's Manhattan Clam Chowder, but lately they've taken to chopping the veggies too coarse in their soups and it has some how altered the flavor. Campbell's Italian Wedding Soup is great. Hubby's favorite is their tomato bisque and vegetarian vegetable. I guess we're just Cambells kids and have the chubby cheeks to prove it.

I'm not to crazy on canned soups, with the exceptions of Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken, for cooking with. I like to keep a few cans of Campbell's Chicken Noodle on hand, "just in case", especially if I'm sick. Most of soups I make from scratch.

I keep campbell's chicken with stars on hand when I don't feel like eating much. I keep a few other varieties on hand for a quick lunch or dinner. They are also good for if the power is out. I also use the creamy soups for recipes. I use tomato soup for porcupine meatballs.

Habitant Split Pea with Ham, or Split Pea with Garden Vegetables

Knorr Vegetable (dry mix)

Lipton's Onion Soup (Or "Hot and Spicey Onion and Garlic"), both dry, for marinades...

Campbell's Tomato

Campbell's "Tomato Garden Vegetable", "Minestrone"...non-condensed, ready to eat...

Daughter #2 is big on the dehydrated "Hot and Sour" stuff...

another fan of new england clam chowdah, but from a place in joisey called bahr's landing. they started canning their semi-famous soups recently. don't know how large the distribution is tho. new england clam and oyster chowder are my favs.

We like Campbell's Chunky New England Clam chowder and always try to keep it on hand. Great for lunch with some of my husband's homemade bread (not made in a bread machine). I do, tho', doctor up the chowder a bit with some parsley, butter, and extra milk and/or half and half, as it is very thick right out of the can. Hum, even though I haven't even had breakfast yet, I'm now thinking of some chowder for lunch. I also will use a couple of the Campbell's Cream soups, i.e., broccoli & cheese or mushroom for chicken dishes, quick & easy, but also pretty darn tasty. Seems I always add a little something to any canned soup to give it a more home cooked flavor. I do like to make my own home made soups, particularly a beef minnestrone and chicken noddle. Best wishes for 2005 to everyone. :D

I really liked the campbells tomato bisque but can't find it here anymore. I use alot of their cream of mushroom in cooking. Otherwise i make home made soups. I also use alot of dried onion soup mix to give that extra boost when making venison roast. I make my own onion soup after trying store bought and what a difference. All in all I guess i buy soupd for cooking with.

Back
Top Bottom