Canning Potatoes- dry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And she puts water in the jars, so the potatoes aren't dry, either.

Yes, and she also doesn't remove the skin which according to assumed experts is contrary to their taxpayer funded "research". I can only imagine how much that analysis cost!

This is an ever developing method and technique for canning potatoes and it's prudent to get as much nutritional value out of the them. God didn't make those skins to be discarded.

But, let this matter rest. I'm content with the practical answer from Bethzaring.

Yes, and she also doesn't remove the skin which according to assumed experts is contrary to their taxpayer funded "research". I can only imagine how much that analysis cost!

This is an ever developing method and technique for canning potatoes and it's prudent to get as much nutritional value out of the them. God didn't make those skins to be discarded.

But, let this matter rest. I'm content with the practical answer from Bethzaring.
Well, Beth has a lot of experience and knows what she's doing. She doesn't ignore the advice because she doesn't feel like doing the work. Btw, that taxpayer-funded research was originally started over a hundred years ago because when canning at home was fairly new, it was the cause of a lot of food poisoning.

Dry canning is not an "ever developing method." It's actually an old method that has been proven to be unsafe, but there are people who think they know better than the experts and have to learn the hard way.

Last edited:
Well, Beth has a lot of experience and knows what she's doing. She doesn't ignore the advice because she doesn't feel like doing the work. Btw, that taxpayer-funded research was originally started over a hundred years ago because when canning at home was fairly new, it was the cause of a lot of food poisoning.

Dry canning is not an "ever developing method." It's actually an old method that has been proven to be unsafe, but there are people who think they know better than the experts and have to learn the hard way.

Oh brother....let this rest and let Beth speak for herself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom