Challenging local plant-based friendly menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edleafvirtual

Assistant Cook
Any taste on a bite it's also about the nutrition facts. Those elements in conjunction with the energy that I print on every plate create flavor, an experience. :chef:

Sometimes the experience is linked to challenges about the supply chain :wacko:. The tasks related to creating community with local growers, entrepreneurs like me who decided to live in a small town.

My idea is not about having a vegan-friendly menu, it's more about using fresh, naturally grown, and healthy food. Catching for flavors related with a local community who decided to stay away from corporate suppliers.

But how to plan a menu when the growers around me are growing something different? :lucky: How to create consciousness about healthy soil?

So my question is, how you guys have been facing these kinds of challenges?

Have a great one,
Ed.

You´ve got a fairly complex dilemma there, edleafvirtual, but with a noble proposition as a base.
How would I begin to resolve the problem?
Firstly, I check out all my local suppliers to see what is available. That might not be what you actually want, but at least it will give you a start.
Then I´d start putting together my menu, basing it on what is available, but also on what you want to cook/present.
Finally, I´d start looking for those "missing" items a little farther afield, to see how I could plug the gaps.
Good luck with your project!

First off, Welcome to DC, edleafvirtual!

Not quite sure I understand the intent of your question.

Are you asking us how, hypothetically, we would go about trying to make our local suppliers aware of their soil and methods they use growing their products in so as to be vegan friendly for our own restaurant?

I admit I have not browsed thru the forum threads on Health, Nutrition and Special Diets. But perhaps there could be some suggestions for you in it. It has 4 sub-forums might help.

Like karadekoolaid, I think you have a complex challenge and I wish you the best! We have several members, who although don't have restaurants, are quite dedicated to finding, using, getting, growing healthful supplies for themselves. Perhaps they have already posted something that will help.
Good Luck!

Thanks karadekoolaid, you made my day with your nickname. I'm from Venezuela too hehehehehe.

I agree with you both guys, it's a dilemma. Maybe the first thing to solve is answering the question that dragnlaw made. How hypothetically you would go?

You can have a farm, organic certified, but it doesn't mean that you are building soil. Regenerate farming techniques, in my opinion, will reduce the impact of farming so in the long run, doing "Farm to Table" could help the environment.

Back
Top Bottom