Cheater Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Purchase on uncooked cheese pizza from Walmart. The crust is really pretty tasty. I then purchase good pepperoni, Italian Sausage, slice an onion, and some bell pepper, Add sliced black olives, and make some pizza sauce. Finally, I slice up thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. First goes on the sauce, followed by the pepperoni, Italian sausage (which has been browned, black olives, onion, bell pepper, and finally cheese rounds. Pop into a 450 oven until the crust is cooked through. Enjoy.

Of course its better with fresh pizza dough, with your favorite toppings, and all folded into a pizza pasty, but this works when you don't have the time, or inclination to make your own dough.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My ultimate cheat:

Sourdough English Muffin
Mezzetta Artisanal Jarred Pizza Sauce**
Grated Whole Milk Low Moisture Moz
A Light Dusting of Ground Dried Oregano.

Pop in the Panasonic Flash Express on high just until the cheese is lightly browned.

This makes two "slices" of pretty good cheese pizza in 5 minutes

** I stumbled on to this jarred sauce last month. I am a fan of Mezzetta products, and this one contains nothing but the good stuff along with a bit of citric acid (Italian Plum Tomatoes From Italy's San Marzano Region, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Spices, Fresh Garlic, Citric Acid, Black Pepper, Fresh Basil). It is surprisingly good.

My "cheat" pizzas use pita bread as a base. Since my wife is a pasta freak, we´ve always got tomato sauce in the fridge, and mozzarella in the freezer, ready sliced for immediate use!
Then it´s just a question of " what else is in the fridge?" - olives, capers, anchovies, hot peppers, ham, salami, etc.

Yep, GG - the only thing is, the tortilla base can become extremely crisp, extremely fast. Which is great if that´s what you like.
Personally, I like a little bit of dough on my pizza.

I agree, kara. I recently used pita for pizzas; we decided we like Naan bread better for a quick pizza. Himself said he had a hard time cutting the pita up. We didn't dare eat them out of hand because I'm rather generous with the toppings.

Yep, GG - the only thing is, the tortilla base can become extremely crisp, extremely fast. Which is great if that´s what you like.
Personally, I like a little bit of dough on my pizza.
True, it can. I'm pretty good at watching it and, while I like a good crust, for a quickie version, I care more about the sauce [emoji39]

I also like using french bread for pizza. Slice in half and then tear out some of the inside. Broil it a few mins to toast the inside and then add sauce, and toppings. Bake it or even broil again under low heat. it's pretty good :)

Fpor me, the dough is the hard part. In extremis (i.e., feeding grandkids) I'll take an Aladdin Bakery (Brooklyn) 6" "authentic" Greek flatbread, steam it to soften, then with 8itmost brutality roll it our to 7, 7.5"--pretty much the diameter of what was called in my day (late 1840s to the start of the Civil War) a 'bar pie.' All the rest is easy, and it bakes on a couple of brick pavers in the toaster oven.

Fpor me, the dough is the hard part. In extremis (i.e., feeding grandkids) I'll take an Aladdin Bakery (Brooklyn) 6" "authentic" Greek flatbread, steam it to soften, then with 8itmost brutality roll it our to 7, 7.5"--pretty much the diameter of what was called in my day (late 1840s to the start of the Civil War) a 'bar pie.' All the rest is easy, and it bakes on a couple of brick pavers in the toaster oven.
I have always loved pizza toppings but the first bite has to have the pizza dough.

Regular old toasted English muffins with sauce, cheese and whatever else you like, in the oven for 10 minutes, make good little pizzas. Even quicker and more efficient in a toaster oven. I learned this as a kid.

Pizzas001-small.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom