Chestnut flour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Bought a Williams-Sonoma bread cookbook last week. One of the recipes called for chestnut flour. I wasn't not aware of this flour.

Has anyone here had any experience with this flour? I enjoy trying new things and would appreciate any feedback on the subject.

TIA!

I have not heard of that either! I wonder if you could use almond flour since it's also a nut

I don't think I would sub Almond flour for Chestnut flour. The flavour profile is just not similar to my way of thinking.

nuts.com offers chestnut flour but it’s kind of spendy.

I’ve purchased from them before and they have always been a great company to deal with.

They used to give new customers free shipping on the first order and also offered some seasonal promotions.

@Aunt Bea I use that company too, nuts.com a couple times a year. Their stuff is always so fresh, they usually have it delivered about 48 hours later. They do run shipping deals occasionally, free shipping after $44 or $59 too. I've tried 7 or 8 kinds of dried fruit, some sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, cashews, almonds and they were all fresh and delicious.

The only time I ever got chestnut flour was in a Chinese grocery, in NYC, many years ago, back in the 80s. They had just about every kind of flour you can imagine, in that one store. That was used in some sort of dumpling, with just enough white flour to give gluten to hold it together.

Back
Top Bottom