Chicago area knife sharpening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbreit

Cook
Anyone from the Chicago area (I am in Streamwood) who can recommend where I can have my knives sharpened? I have my parent's Chicago Cutlery set they received for their wedding in 1978. I don't know if they have been sharpened or not but I can say they need it. Any recommendations?

When I'm looking for local services, I Google "knife sharpening services near Streamwood, IL".

Good luck. No doubt the knives need sharpening.

http://www.nwcutlery.com/
Northwestern Cutlery has been sharpening knives for over 50 years.
Originally a knife rental and sharpening service for packing houses, restaurants and deli's, Northwestern Cutlery has evolved into a full service store for professional and amateur cooks alike. Often Called "A Candy Store for Cooks" by our customers, you can stop in and have your knives sharpened while you wait. While waiting, pickup that hard to find gadget, or add to your cutlery and cookware collection.
312-421-3666
810 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607, US

Come to think of it, I have heard about these guys on the radio. Good call, thanks.

nwcutlery.com: Cookware, Cooking Tools, Cutlery, Knife Sharpening
Northwestern Cutlery has been sharpening knives for over 50 years.
Originally a knife rental and sharpening service for packing houses, restaurants and deli's, Northwestern Cutlery has evolved into a full service store for professional and amateur cooks alike. Often Called "A Candy Store for Cooks" by our customers, you can stop in and have your knives sharpened while you wait. While waiting, pickup that hard to find gadget, or add to your cutlery and cookware collection.
312-421-3666
810 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607, US

Rob Babcock, a frequent contributor here, sharpened my knives a couple of months ago. He is not a pro, but a very talented amateur. If you can't find anything locally, I'm sure that if he is willing to do them, you would be more than satisfied with his work. You are not going to get a grinder job. Everything with mine was done by hand on water stones.

There are probably others on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom