Chicken breast, chicken thighs, assorted rubbish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cabrito

Assistant Cook
Hello, all! Lovely forum!
So, I've got a bunch of tangerines (seedless - clementines?), a bottle of lime juice (don't ask), a jar of jalapeno jelly, salsa, Parmesan, plain yogurt, a bit of cilantro that's on its way out, and aforementioned chicken.
Also some extremely sweet red wine that smells essentially like slightly "off" grape juice.
No onions, garlic or tomatoes are currently in my possession.

I figured out what to do when I had the chopped goat, the rump roast, and the last batch of chicken, but I'm afraid my brain's finally quit on me. :ermm: It's warm out now, so I don't want to make anything heavy and sauce-drenched or stew-like.

I'm not positive I have that much cheese, but I'll check the fridge. If I do decide to make it, I'll try to work in some of the lime. Thanks! :)

Place the chicken in a roasting pan. chop the oranges and mix them with the jalapeno jelly. Chop a tiny bit of the cilantro, add to the mixture. Pour over the chicken, sprinkle with the cheese and bake at 325 until the chicken is done..

I use jalapeno jellies all the time as a roasting sauce for meats, usually pork but there is no reason chicken won't work with it too.

You might try braising those thighs (an ideal part of the chicken for this type of cooking) in a liquid consisting of the wine, lime juice, a bit of the jalapeno jelly, juice from tangerines and a bit of brown sugar or maple syrup (if you have any) to balance the braising liquid. First brown the thighs after dusting with flour at high temperature. (3 or 4 minutes per side) Then place in your braising liquid. Braise the thighs for an hour at a low enough temp. that the liquid just boils. Then remove the thighs, turn up the heat and reduce the remaining fluid. You can add the yogurt to help thicken the mixture at the end if necessary. Plate the chicken and spoon some of your reduction over the thighs and then sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and give it some fancy Tex/Mex or southeastern name and voila! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom