Chicken-Pepperoni Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Ingredients

Rolls:

Boneless/skinless Chicken breasts (pounded right flat).
2 slices sandwich pepperoni per breast (unless the breasts are really small). I added extra pizza pepperonis cause I had them.
1 slice provolone per breast (add more, it's ok).
Shredded mozzarella.

Sauce:
Can crushed tomatoes.
Little bit of white wine.
Some diced pepperoni (whatever looks good, I used pizza pepperoni and stacked about 2 inches).
Minced shallot.
Italian seasoning to taste.
Garlic powder to taste.
Crushed red pepper to taste.

Method

Rolls:

Pound chicken really flat. Put pepperoni and cheese on and roll up. I tucked the edges first then rolled. Tie with butchers twine or toothpick to close them

Brown in a large pan.

Sauce:

Sautee shallots and minced pepperoni for a couple of minutes. Pour in wine and tomatoes. Add spices and simmer.

Put rolls in baking dish pour sauce over and cover with shredded mozzarella (don't be shy). Baked in 350F preheated oven 30-40 minutes.

Serve with a side of spaghetti.

One roll per person should be sufficient... make extras.

Attachments

• Chicken-Pepperoni01.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni01.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Chicken-Pepperoni02.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni02.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Chicken-Pepperoni03.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni03.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 342
That looks and sounds really yummy. It's also a beautiful presentation. I like the way something rolled like that looks when it's cut and it impresses your guests ;)

You do have to remember, in your haste to eat it, to remove the butchers twine. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Those look wonderful! I'd really like to try it but I always have trouble getting the meat pounded out nice. That is one technique I don't have perfected. I'm not sure what I do wrong but it seems like the meat disintegrates into mush before it thins out.

Get a large headed meat hammer. I start with the thickest part. Be firm but you aren't trying to drive 8d nails into oak. Use a large plastic bag to contain things.

Looks great! I've done this with prosciutto in place of the pepperoni. Maybe now's the time to try your version.

Ooo.. prosciutto... might have to try that... :D

Once we are done with leftovers of course. I made 6... they are chunky.

Thanks for the recipe, Frank. I'm a cooking gadget junkie :rolleyes:, and I ordered some silicone cooking bands I can't wait to use (think heat proof rubber bands).....copied and pasted. :chef:

ooh that looks delicious! i always bake my chicken rolls but always forget the sauce...mmmm i will make this this week, unfortunately i don't have pepperoni and must use some other type of deli type style meat...

Thanks for the recipe, Frank. I'm a cooking gadget junkie :rolleyes:, and I ordered some silicone cooking bands I can't wait to use (think heat proof rubber bands).....copied and pasted. :chef:

Neato! Let us know how you like them when you get a chance to try them. I might want to get some.

I am thinking this could be done in so many different ways... mayhaps chicken rolls for a week or two.. every night.. something different. :mrgreen:

Kayelle, I love them. I have used them on roasts, stuffed chicken breasts, you name it. I have a variety of sizes but you don't need to.

Frank, I am impressed. This sounds like yum! I also like the meat lovers version you and Andy M came up with!

I am thinking this could be done in so many different ways... mayhaps chicken rolls for a week or two.. every night.. something different. :mrgreen:

How about a chicken roll GCC challenge - this time you could enter and Kathleen could go "yum"!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom