Chicken tenders - flour keeps clumping ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yardbird

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to deep fry large quantities of chicken tenders without flour clumping in the bowl/pan or on my hands.
After marinating in buttermilk, I'm putting the chicken into the flour and then onto wax-papered pans. But I have to stop every 10 fingers or so to wash my hands or remove some clumps from the flour pan.
Any advice?

There is no getting away from it but you might try using this method..set up your flour, egg wash and crumbs if using them, then with your left hand only put the strips into the flour ,egg,crumbs use your right hand with tongs or fork to put the dipped tenders into hot oil or onto the pan to be baked,..This way you only mess one hand and then wash when all the tenders are coated.It feels awkward at first but once you get use to it it goes pretty fast and is a lot cleaner.:)

kadesma

Yea, I use tongs sometimes. I rarely make a batch of anything fried large enough that I end up sloppy like that. I'm frying for 3.

Try the tongs.

Try putting the flour into a storage bag. Drop the chicken fingers in, close bag, shake to coat, then remove the fingers giving them a little shake to knock off the excess.

Back
Top Bottom