Chicken Wing Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Thought this sounded like an interseting idea for chicken wings;

Candy Chicken Wings:

24 oz. Wingettes (wings separated with the tips removed)
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1 t granulated garlic
1 t cayenne
2 t paprika
salt & pepper to preference

Start your kettle grill with a bucket full of coal, wait till they're nice and hot. When ready, dump the bucket on one side of the grill leaving the other side bare. In a large ziplock put all the dry ingredients, mix well. Add the wings and toss thoroughly, put them on the hot side the grill immediately. Cook the wings until the coating starts to caramelize and you get some black grill marks, turn and repeat. Move them to the cool side of the grill, cover and cook for 30-35 minutes (less time if you like your wings juicy, I like mine drier but not dry).

Let them rest a while before you eat them. They will be spicy and sweet with a brown sugar glaze.

courtesy of FJ Abraham from TVWB

Captain Morgan said:
Bruce, did you ever make this recipe?

Damn, that was over 3 years ago, I have a hard time remembering what I did last week. :LOL:

I did, and they were good, but you have to be careful about burning them, that sugar will caramelize real quick. Of course, if you like the taste of caramelized sugar and spicy together, you'll like it.

Great recipe friend.... :)

I've an other recipe for the same dish that I'll share here and if you like this then :prayer:don't forget to tell THANK YOU
Ingredients:
* 2 sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/4 cup white wine
* 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 20 chicken wings
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 lime, cut into wedges
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Place the sun-dried tomatoes and white wine into a blender; puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan. Stir in the barbeque sauce, sesame oil, hot pepper sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for several minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
2. While the marinade is cooling, pierce the chicken wings using a fork, and place into a mixing bowl. Toss the chicken wings with the garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the cooled marinade over the wings, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
4. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the wings on the preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone, about 20 minutes. Turn the wings frequently as they cook to ensure even cooking. Place the cooked wings on a serving platter; squeeze the lime wedges over the wings, and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom