Chief's European Style Hot chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Yeh, it's rich, delicious, two days worth of calories, and will satisfy any true chocolate lover. Caution: to be served for special guests, and or special occasions only.

Chief's European Style Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:
1 quart heavy cream, not ultra pasteurized
4 cups whole milk
1 12 oz. Lindt 70% cacao dark chocolate-hazelnut bar, broken into pieces
1 12 oz. Lind milk chocolate-hazelnut bar, again broken up
20 Lindt White Chocolate Truffles
1 Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate with whole hazelnuts
1 Ritter Sport Milk Chocolate with whole hazelnuts
2 tsp. Dutched Cocoa Powder
4 tbs. Stevens Hot Cocoa Mix

Place all ingredients into a large pot over medium heat. Be prepared to be there for ten minutes or so. stir while the mixture heats and melts the chocolate. Pour all into a large food processor, or blender, and process until smooth. Be ready for a chocolate flavor explosion in your mouth:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

AND yet another good looking recipe, o' Chief, the least of your accomplishments is the Betraying of Brevity..

I have to ask, though. What is Steven's Hot Cocoa mix? Are there similar, more widely available but similar products?

AND yet another good looking recipe, o' Chief, the least of your accomplishments is the Betraying of Brevity..

I have to ask, though. What is Steven's Hot Cocoa mix? Are there similar, more widely available but similar products?

Steven's hot cocoa mix is very similar to Swiss Miss, but in a larger container. You scoop out the amount you want from the canister, and put it into milk, or water, and stir it into the hot liquid.

Little brother, this stuff is very rich. However, the hazelnuts are my addition. Without them, a blender would not be required. In addition, white chocolate is used rather than the Lindt Truffles.

Made correctly, this is like a liquid ganache. Butter can be added, as the salt will enhance, and deepen the chocolate flavor.

I wonder how many DC'ers know that you are responsible for giving me my online moniker. I admit though, that it fits me, and I like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom