Chief's Jungle Juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My youngest grandson says this is the best drink he's ever had. Makes me smile. I had to write down the recipe for him, and give it a name that he'd think was great. I call it, wait fir it, Jungle Juice. As it has some healthy options in it that aren't so good for me, I had just a taste. I've been making this for a few weeks now. My taste of it was an eye opener. It is really good stuff. it would also be fabulous frozen into popsicles, or served up on a hot summer day. It's best ice cold. And I share it with you.

Chief's Jungle Juice

Ingredients:
  • 1 large Valencia, or naval orange, or three seeded tangerines
  • 1 ripe Haas Avocado
  • 2 ripe bosc pears
  • Ice cubes
  • 1 pkg. Wyler's sugar free lemonade mix for 1 quart of lemonade)

Peel the orange, and remove the core, stem, and bud ends from the pears. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Remove the avocado meat frim the skin and place into a 1 quart pitcher. Section the orange, and pears, and place in pitcher. Fill the pitcher to the top with ice cubes. Add the lemonade mix, and enough water ti fill the pitcher. Dump it all into a powerful blender and puree for 45 seconds, or until smooth. Pour back into pitcher, and cover. Refrigerate immediately. Stir before serving to suspend solids.

Tip: I've also used frozen banana, red seedless grapes, kiwi, and apple instead of pears. It was great as well. With milk, or cream added, it tastes a lot like an orange julias.

Hope you try it. Hope you like it. It's better than any soda-pop I've had.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom