Chimichurri Sauce a la GotGarlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
This is my version of Argentinian chimichurri sauce. I usually chop the garlic and let it sit in the vinegar for a bit, to tame the bite. It's delicious served with grilled meats, especially beef.

1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp water
1/8 cup red onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes or Aleppo pepper

Process parsley and garlic in food processor till finely chopped. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.

Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in remaining ingredients till thoroughly blended. Taste and adjust seasoning.

GG, after soaking the garlic in vinegar, do you then pitch that vinegar and use fresh when making the sauce? Otherwise, wouldn't the "bite" still be there since it leached into the vingegar? Whenever I soak any kind of onion to tame the flavor, I always toss that soaking liquid out before continuing with the recipe.

GG, after soaking the garlic in vinegar, do you then pitch that vinegar and use fresh when making the sauce? Otherwise, wouldn't the "bite" still be there since it leached into the vingegar? Whenever I soak any kind of onion to tame the flavor, I always toss that soaking liquid out before continuing with the recipe.
I often soak garlic or shallots in a citric acid solution - just a large pinch I put in some water. I rinse them, then let them soak, while fixing whatever the rest of the dish is, then I rinse them again. I esp. like to do this when I will be saving some of the leftovers - it helps a lot, to prevent that raw onion or garlic flavor from increasing.

How long can this store for or is this a use immediately kinda a thing ?

I made it in the past , and the recipe was very similar, but it was about a year ago and I forgot what I did with it.

That's interesting about trying to tame the taste of raw garlic or onion for something like this. It's only my opinion, but what I enjoy most about this sauce is how powerful all the flavors are.

Just be sure whoever you kiss has been eating it too. :kiss:;)

That's interesting about trying to tame the taste of raw garlic or onion for something like this. It's only my opinion, but what I enjoy most about this sauce is how powerful all the flavors are.

Just be sure whoever you kiss has been eating it too. :kiss:;)
I don't like biting into raw onion or garlic in anything. It's just a difference in taste [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom