Chinese Style Crispy/Shredded Chili Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s2fit

Assistant Cook
A quick easy guide to cooking the nicest cripsy beef similar to that of what you would order from a Chinese take out.

What you will need:

• Beef steak of your choice, any given amount depending on how many people you are serving.
  • Corn flour, this is vital for creating the crispy texture.
  • A plastic bag of some sort, a sealable bag is the best option to ensure you create less mess than you need to.
  • A large amount of cooking oil
  • A decent sharpe knife
  • A wock or a pot. (a large deep frying pan would would)
  • Soy sauce
  • A small cup of water
  • Chilli flavoured sauce (can use any flavoured sauce you like, but this is for crispy CHILLI beef, so i use chilli sauce)
  • Carrots (optional)

(Before you start anything if you chose to have carrots with this simple peel them and cut them into strips or chunks to go alongside your meat.)
Ok, to start off with you will of course need to defrost your beef. Cut it into either strips or chunks depending on preference. Garnish each piece with your cornflour so they are covered with a decent coating. The best way to do this is to place the pieces of beef in your bag and pour the cornflour in with it and squash it around with your hands, but if you do not have a bag you can simply sprinkle the corn flour on with your hands which is just as effective.
Fill your pot/wock with oil and slowly bring it to the boil but be aware that it will spit at you when you place the corn flour covered beef pieces into it. While thats boiling add your water and a teaspoon or two of soy sauce together. Then add some of your additional sauce to that mixture. (Like i said, I am using chilli sauce)

Next drop the pieces of meat into the boiling oil carefuly ensuring you dont burn yourself on the spitting oil. Leave the meat to sizzle and float around untill it gains the crispy hardened texture. The best way to do this and ensure they are all equal in texture would be to do them three or four at a time.
When you are finished with the meat place with the carrots and pour the pre made sauce over it and you are done. I would personally recommend you serve this with a rice based dish, but it is a nice quick snack also if you are alone

http://notecook.com/soup/how-to-cook-chinese-style-crispy-chilli-beef/#ixzz1REdZfKWS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom