Chocolate-filled Breakfast Crescents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
CHOCOLATE-FILLED BREAKFAST CRESCENTS
303583.jpg

Yield: 16 servings
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
1 cup Powdered sugar
3 tbsp Butter or margarine, softened
1 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 tbsp Finely chopped pecans
CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
CHOCOLATE GLAZE
2 tbsp Butter or margarine
2 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 tbsp Water
1 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Procedures
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles.
2 Beat butter in small bowl until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add cocoa; beat well. Stir in pecans.
3 Spread slightly heaping teaspoon chocolate mixture on each triangle within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up; start at shortest side of triangle and roll to opposite point. Press all edges to seal completely. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet; curve slightly to form crescents.
4 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle CHOCOLATE GLAZE over top of crescents. 16 crescents.
5 CHOCOLATE GLAZE
6 Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa andwater, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Do not boil. Remove from heat; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. About 3/4 cup glaze.

You've done it again Rainee, :flowers: Another great recipe. Friends coming over Friday for cards, think I"ll make these for a snack for them.

YUCK - they look horrible, how could you post something like this, you really need to get your recipes from some other place (running to my cupboards because I think I have the stuff to make these) :mrgreen: :LOL:

Why wait for breakfast? These look like the perfect goodie to eat while the kids are in school (so you don't have to share!!!)
Thanks so much, Rainee!

I made them and 6 of us finished them off in one sitting. :pig: Very easy to make and will go into my must make often file. Thanks again Rainee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom