Christmas Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Butter, butter, butter (with some roasted garlic) and steamed with the crab-boil mix....yum!!!!! I assume everyone has to peel their own.

I have some butter from Ireland I've been saving...that's the butter to use, don't you think? Just like little baby lobsters. And, I'm going to save the shells for fish stock. This new grocery store in my little town sells fish heads!!!

How are you feeling?

Fishheads make the best stock for fish chowder. An old N.E. favorite. Definitely Irish butter for those shrimp. And yes, everyone peels their own. Just provide a small bowl for the shells so you can collect them all at the end of the meal.

I have been feeling achey all day. So I finally took two Vicodin. I am mostly tired from doing all the cookie baking yesterday. But I did eat again today. And I plan on eating tomorrow again. I hate it when I get into that 'no eating' for days on end. There is no reason for it. I am not trying to lose weight. Certainly not looking for attention. :angel:

I'm on it. Now what should I do with the shrimp I just got for 29 cents each? picked up a dozen (what I really needed was dishwashing soap, how I wandered past the fish / seafood aisle is beyond me. I wasn't planning on serving shrimp, but the price was sooooo good and they are fresh. I have all kinds of vinegars, crab boil mix, Vermouth, vodka, sherry, marsala (sweet), white wine. ,I have fennel, fresh dill, cilantro, Italian parsley, sage, lavender (okay, the last two probably wouldn't be great with shrimp). No cocktail sauce, but I have horseradish, tomato sauce, onions, garlic, and spices up the ying yang. Since turkey is on the menu and I have some stuff already for appys, just not sure what to do with the shrimp. Impulse buying is just not good.

I'm sitting here eating MY impulse buy of shrimp, homemade cocktail sauce...Yum! Don't know which tastes better, the shrimp or the sauce.

Back
Top Bottom