Christmas Ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My youngest daughter complained about what I was preparing for supper, many years back. I was preparing a spiral-sliced ham to be cooked on the Webber charcoal grill. She said, "Dad, you know I don't ;ike ham. So I tiold her that it was what was for dinner, and she would eat it.
At the table, I cut her a slice, and she loved it. It was so flavorful is what she said. Well, here's how I made it. Tis recipe is adapted for the oven, bnut is even better cooked over a drip pan between divided beds of charcoal, and apple wood.

chief's Christmas Spiral Sliced Ham with Honey-Mustard Glaze
The secret to this ham is the glaze, which is worked between the slices as the ham bakes in a slow oven. It keeps the meat moist, and tender, and perfectly compliments the ham flavor. If you like serving up ham for your Christmas meal, then this is a good one. And the leftovers cn be jsed in so many ways:yum:.

Ingredients:
1 bone in, spiral sliced ham

Glaze:
1/2 cup clover honey
1 cup water
1/4 cup yellow, or coarse grind mustard

Preheat oven to 325' F.

Heat water, honey, and mustard in a sauce pan, stirring until everything is well mixed. Place ham into a shallow, foil lined roasting pan. Use a pastry brush to work the glaze between the ham slices, and over the top. Place it into the oven. Roast for 1 hour, basting with the glaze every 15 minutes. Increase oven temp to 400' F. Rub glaze all over the ham surface, and roast for 15 minutes to create a golden patina on the ham surface. Serve with savory oven roasted potato wedges, and a good salad. Mulled, hot apple cider would be a great beverage to go with this meal. Enjoy.

Tip: You can substitute maple syrup for the honey, and omit the mustard.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

She not only ate it, but proclaimed that it was really good, and that she now loved ham. I'd call that a win. The honey-mustard, with the already glazed spiral sliced ham, and the smoky charcoal made a wonderful flavor combination.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom