Cleaning out my recipe folder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
I have a tendency to get recipes from everywhere and collect/save them in a 3 ring binder. I realized several months ago that oftentimes when I go to cook or bake, I don't use the printed recipes. So now, I have started forcing myself to use recipes I have gotten online to test them. If I like the recipe, I keep it, if I don't like it much and probably wouldn't enjoy making it again, I discard. (My rationale being if I want to make it again, I can go on the net somewhere and probably find the recipe.)

Tonight I made a blueberry lemon crumble bunt cake. The raw batter was good, but it's probably a recipe I won't use again, so I am going to toss the cake recipe, but will keep the crumble part...

Do you have lots of recipes collected over the years that you have yet to try?

htc said:
I have a tendency to get recipes from everywhere and collect/save them in a 3 ring binder. I realized several months ago that oftentimes when I go to cook or bake, I don't use the printed recipes. So now, I have started forcing myself to use recipes I have gotten online to test them. If I like the recipe, I keep it, if I don't like it much and probably wouldn't enjoy making it again, I discard. (My rationale being if I want to make it again, I can go on the net somewhere and probably find the recipe.)

Tonight I made a blueberry lemon crumble bunt cake. The raw batter was good, but it's probably a recipe I won't use again, so I am going to toss the cake recipe, but will keep the crumble part...

Do you have lots of recipes collected over the years that you have yet to try?

I have tons and tons. I save every recipe that I think sounds good. I don't remember half of what I have. I think I like reading about food as much as eating.

Most of the recipes I have I have tried, but I would say I do have about 50 or 60 that I have not tried yet, of those I will probably eventually try most of them. Maybe 10 or so will never be made.

lol, i just did that with restaurant menus (kinda like recipes, but someone else gets to cook them for me :) ). the drawer we keep them in was getting so stuffed with menus and an occasional stray recipe, so i tossed all of the menus from restaurants that we are probably not going to go back to or never have been, and seperated out the recipes. man, i've eaten really well, and have had some big ambitions for things i wanted to make at home.

Back
Top Bottom