Cluck, cluck Tuesday, 8/29/2017, whatcha eatin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice cool morning.

I'm making a pot of Sunday gravy, on a Tuesday. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I will use some over the next couple of days and freeze some for future meals.

I must remember to save a cup to make an Aunt Bea version of Steve's Shakshuka for breakfast! :yum:

Why buck (or cluck) the trend? I'm having chicken, too. I've been wanting to try the Serious Eats' Peruvian Chicken recipe for a while, and I'm working from home today so I'm planning to throw it on the grill this afternoon.

I actually made up the jalapeno "green sauce" last night so it could sit in the fridge. That stuff is tasty but hot. Face-meltingly hot. :ohmy:

Last edited:
I suppose I should mention what we're having, huh? Leftovers! It's just like home-away-from-home. A little Chinese, a little Mexican (Tajin corn-tomato salad), and a lot of German. I'm making salad, too, because I want salad. :yum:

Loverly has her Girl Scout meeting today, so she won't be home until about 9:00 PM. Himself is retrieving Goober right now. We'll enjoy his company tonight, since he has a previous engagement tomorrow. He's made it to the next round (20 contestants) at a comedy competition. He joined only because the host needed bodies...and he's becoming increasingly dismayed that he keeps advancing! :LOL: We'll have another three-some for dinner tomorrow, as we'll enjoy Loverly's company while Goober yuks it up. We are under STRICT orders from him to not come to the competition. :ROFLMAO:

I thought Tuesdays were Taco Night.

It is. I'm having some unseasoned taco meat formed into a patty and served on a light fluffy round tortilla/bun. I'll top it with deconstructed salsa in the form of sliced tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapeños. That'll all be topped with cheese, just like a taco.

It is. I'm having some unseasoned taco meat formed into a patty and served on a light fluffy round tortilla/bun. I'll top it with deconstructed salsa in the form of sliced tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapeños. That'll all be topped with cheese, just like a taco.

Just out of curiosity, what is "a light fluffy round tortilla/bun?"

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 103
Well, I had one of those herbed sausages for a late lunch. I wasn't going to eat supper but...

Eggplant, vidalia onion, mushrooms, celery, zucchini, jalapeno (tasteless), soy beans got thrown into a pan. Used a Campbell's Mushroom broth for the sauce - not bad, hadn't used it before.

After everything was added I turned around and there was the grated ginger and garlic still sitting on the counter. hmmm.... cleared a spot in the centre of the pan (was not using the wok), dumped them in and let them cook a bit. Mixed everything really well and you would never have known! :angel:

Why buck (or cluck) the trend? I'm having chicken, too. I've been wanting to try the Serious Eats' Peruvian Chicken recipe for a while, and I'm working from home today so I'm planning to throw it on the grill this afternoon.

I actually made up the jalapeno "green sauce" last night so it could sit in the fridge. That stuff is tasty but hot. Face-meltingly hot. :ohmy:

This turned out fantastic. I actually dug out the rotisserie attachment for the grill, so I wouldn't have to babysit it. I also made a side of low carb black beans and cauli rice. Pretty good for a Tuesday.

bIHAEoo.jpg

EjYMkiF.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom