Cluck, cluck Tuesday, 8/29/2017, whatcha eatin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This turned out fantastic. I actually dug out the rotisserie attachment for the grill, so I wouldn't have to babysit it. I also made a side of low carb black beans and cauli rice. Pretty good for a Tuesday.

bIHAEoo.jpg

EjYMkiF.jpg
Looks delicious :yum: I haven't tried that one yet, but I love the Thai grilled chicken on the Serious Eats site. Made that last summer and served it with cucumbers marinated in rice vinegar and a smidgen of soy sauce.

It is. I'm having some unseasoned taco meat formed into a patty and served on a light fluffy round tortilla/bun. I'll top it with deconstructed salsa in the form of sliced tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapeños. That'll all be topped with cheese, just like a taco.

That sounds delicious.

Smothered Pork Chops tonight here with mash potatoes and fresh broccoli.

Not a dish we eat very often but, got some really nice pork chops on sale today.

I am having a big cod filet, sous vide and seared, served on some wild rice with some butter and herbs. The fish is seasoned on the spicy side with a little cayenne. It should be good. I'll let you know.

CD

Looks delicious :yum: I haven't tried that one yet, but I love the Thai grilled chicken on the Serious Eats site. ...

Thanks! I just bookmarked the Thai grilled chicken recipe.

I'll confess I'm not really a big chicken eater - I typically only make it two or three times a year. But when I do, I like to try recipes a little off the beaten path, and that one sounds like it would be right up my alley.

While we were out cruising The Valley, we stopped at our favorite corn farm. Himself grilled corn in the husk while I tossed together a veggie tray complete with store-bought hummus. After all, I am on "vacation". :LOL:

PS: We also stopped at our favorite ice cream stand. We had ice cream for our "appetizer". :LOL: I can't find Black Walnut ice cream anywhere in New England, so I must have it when we're back home.

Attachments

• 20170829_204908.jpg
    20170829_204908.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 86
We had family in from Michigan and they wanted to eat at a restaurant that has been around "40-forevers" called "CircleII". It was originally a drive-in but in its latest version is all eat-in. It has wonderful food! We had fried chicken, baked chicken, homemade chicken pot pie, green beans, rice, and homemade cornbread. To top it all off, there was a 20-layer chocolate cake that Mom and I split a tiny sliver of.

Andy, I love the flavor of black walnuts. Have you ever had them? I remember going walnut gathering with my parents every autumn. My Aunt and Uncle lived near a shallow ravine that had a grove of black walnut trees...and no "No Trespassing" signs. :LOL: Every Christmas Mom would make lots of baked goods with black walnuts. So good!

As much as I like maple, I'm not much of a fan for it with ice cream. And there aren't too many ice cream flavors I don't like. :ermm:

Andy, I love the flavor of black walnuts. Have you ever had them? I remember going walnut gathering with my parents every autumn. My Aunt and Uncle lived near a shallow ravine that had a grove of black walnut trees...and no "No Trespassing" signs. :LOL: Every Christmas Mom would make lots of baked goods with black walnuts. So good!

As much as I like maple, I'm not much of a fan for it with ice cream. And there aren't too many ice cream flavors I don't like. :ermm:

I don't think I've had black walnuts unless they were part of a recipe and I didn't know it. I really like walnuts in general. Maple walnut has been one of my favorites since childhood. I have come up with a great recipe for it so I can enjoy it anytime.

My next experiment will be pistachio ice cream. Turns out it's one of GD's favorites and I love it too.

Back
Top Bottom