Coal Miners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
story that is being reported is this.... there was a command center set up by WV State police in one of those big bus like things.... there was a microphone set up inside the command center, to listen to the rescue team's communications.... when they, the rescue team, signaled back that there were 12 people dead... a person outside the command center misheard the sqwak from the microphone, then ran to the church , where the families of the miners had gathered, and reported that there were 12 people alive, not dead .... tragic occurence, to say the least...

I'm a news junkie, and when I got off work at 1am this morning I rushed home to watch FOX and stayed up until 2:50am and decided to hit the hay. I could not believe the news this morning when I got up, I can't even imagine how those families are feeling.

It's amazing we can talk to astronauts on the Moon but we can't get something as basic as dead or alive right from 2 miles away.

I heard they are already looking to sue over the "misinformation" (which in and of itself, may be misinformation). I feel badly for them, but come on. Who are you going to sue? Freakin media!

Woodman writes >>> Who are you going to sue? Freakin media!

Saw clips of reporters, last night, when the positive news story broke, askin people who exactly told them.. not one of them could answer .. all they did was point fingers back to the church... another report is now saying mine foreman misheard the speaker from the rescue team, inside command center, then called his cousin, who was at the church, and reported the 12 alive scenario ... talked about a clusterF...k

The guy on FOX news at the scene last night nailed it though. About two hours afte the "good" news broke he started wondering out loud why the mine management who had been so good at briefing reporters every 3 hours wasn't briefing reporters with the best news he could possibly have. He started wondering if eveything was as rosey as they were being led to believe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom