Coated Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
How do you make your chicken Fried steak, Salisbury, or other coated steak?I like the same process used to make chicken fingers, only with beef. I also enjoy chicken fried steak with pan gravy, and velveted beef. Does anyone make a tempura Steak cubes>in your cooking. I think it works well for chicken-fried steak.

My Paternal Grandfather had this veggie chopper that had three blades in parallel, attache to a handle. The middle blade was on a spring-loaded extension that hung a little below the other two blades. He used it with seasoned flour to tenderize his chuck steaks, before frying them in an electric skillet until golden brown on both sides. Then he'd add more flour and seasonings (salt, pepper, and maybe a touch of garlic), and chopped onion, and cook until lightly browned. Milk was then added to make the pan gravy. All was covered, and let simmer for a half hour or so.. This was usually served with skin-on boiled potatoes, a green veggie, buttered bread, and a tall glass of milk. It wasa hearty meal for a growing boy, and I loved it,especially if I could put PDQ egg nog beads into my milk, or malt powder, Yum.

I'm looking for what cuts of beef you use for these. Also, does anyone use cube steak " I also like cube steak breaded, fried, and simmered in marinara, with Parmesan Cheese.

Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom