Cock-a-doodle-doo! What's on your plate Monday, 8/31/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Early start for the thread today since we are having the roasted chicken breasts with stuffing that didn't get thawed in time yesterday. Green beans and carrots as sides.

DH will go to the gym and I will go to chorus rehearsal so probably leftovers for us. I have taco meat and jambalaya in the fridge that can be easily reheated for us whenever we want to eat.

I am not sure my dinner plans have solidified yet, but am planning on at least making a green chile soufflé. The peaches from the farmers market smell like they are ready to be used. Will make a cobbler when the mood strikes me.

Individual medley tonight. SO is having a dinner salad and I'm eating stuff out of the freezer she doesn't like.

Black beans and rice, and tuna salad with Triscuit. Celery sticks and sliced cukes with Ranch dressing.

Cabbage, carrot, green onion, and cilantro slaw topped with chopped cashews and sliced almonds, with an Asian style dressing. Watermelon and a mandarin or two on the side.

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up cat food.

Feeling lazy and didn't want to cook.

Grabbed an 8 count container of fried chicken from the deli for $6.49.

I love fried chicken but never make it due to the mess.

Well not the mess but cleaning up the mess. :LOL:

That's my dinner and I have a feeling the cats will have that too. ;)

The good thing about the 8 count is that it will also be tomorrows lunch.:clap:

I got a great bargain at Kroger yesterday - slightly blemished red and orange bell peppers, seven for two dollars! So I'm making Chinese pepper steak tonight, along with a green pepper from the garden and steamed pork shumai from the Asian grocery store.

Had a car accident today. :( Didn't feel like cooking so DD will probably make tacos.

Tonight we made and consumed large quantities of Asian Noodle soup in a chili/ginger broth, added ingredients were sugar snap peas, green onions and shreds of roasted chicken.

My oldest daughter made pork/vegetable dumplings which she steamed in some of the soup broth.

My youngest daughter made a delicious (I am eating a piece right now) pumpkin and spice cake.

It was soooooooooooooooooooo good, all of it ! :)

My sweet SousChef and I are making taco's........I'll be doing the ground beef and fried tortilla's and he will be doing the fixins with thoughts of taco salad tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom