Cola in DA Sauce???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
My friend from a long distance away tells me he puts a can of Coke (no.... NOT the white powder) in his BBQ sauce! :shock:
I find this to be very odd. Have you ever heard, tasted or used this in a sauce?
I want to make a unique BBQ sauce from scratch.

My aunty bought me a cookbook when she visited the Coca Cola factory, and it contains recipes that use only coke products (coke, sprite, sunkist orange soda, etc.). There was some recipes in there for BBQ sauces, some of which used coke in them. I think the "other" coke would make for a much more interesting sauce. at least it would make the meal more entertaining. I don't remember where I put the book, but here's a recipe:

http://www2.coca-cola.com/heritage/recipe_thick_barbecue_sauce.html

As a young child my son was an avid "chef". I came across this recipe one day and decided it was right up his alley. All it is is equal parts of Coca-Cola and ketchup. That's it!! Just mix together, pour over chicken, ribs, etc., and bake. - Surprisingly it's VERY good.

I boil ham in coca cola too, and then reduce it to make a sauce. It always gets rave reviews!

WOW!
4.gif
I never heard of cola in any sauces before. Maybe I could get a caffine fix while having dinner! :D

I got inspired last night after reading this, and cooked pork chops in honey, HP sauce (like your barbecue) hot English mustard, and about a half cup of coke. I added some verjuice (pressed unripe grape juice) half way through cooking, as all the sugars had caramalised and the sauce had disappeared. It was prononounced a success, and I am sure the coke helped to keep the pork nice and tender (they were very cheap chops)

And don't forget that Coca-Cola is a great cleaner for porcelain toilets -

Just pour in a can, let sit for about 30 minutes, then flush :roll:

These sort of uses for coke are really scary, if it does that to your dunny imagine what it does to your insides! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom