Combining Cultures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
OK more than a few times on this board I have seen people mention that they love to eat their hot dogs with kimchee (I will have to try that next time). That got me wondering what other foods do people combine that come from two or more different cultures?

I've done a seared garlic prosciutto/veal dish with asian veggies and lo mein egg noodles. It was actually pretty darn good.

My Japanese/Hawaiian Aikido sensei makes his burgers with a little soy sauce and toasted sesame oil mixed in, and sliced scallions.

I usually prefer to keep my Euro cooking separate from my Asian cooking, but have to say that shoyu goes into most foods, and recently a freind found harissa for me (hard to find here) and I use it in almost everything.

Take a look at beef jerky ingredients. These days, you can find soy sauce as an ingredient in most brands.

marmalady said:
My Japanese/Hawaiian Aikido sensei makes his burgers with a little soy sauce and toasted sesame oil mixed in, and sliced scallions.

Wow. She cooks like a master AND she studies the arts!!! How long now, marmalady? (There's a story here, boys and girls!)

Bucky, you'd better add marmalady to your list of those not to mess with!

hmmmmmmm... i dunno lol i usually just stick with one culture's flavor but use the technique of another culture to cook w/e i want

Audeo said:
marmalady said:

Wow. She cooks like a master AND she studies the arts!!! How long now, marmalady? (There's a story here, boys and girls!)

Bucky, you'd better add marmalady to your list of those not to mess with!

lol, audeo, that was the first thing i thought of too!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

one of my fav dishes is a combo of carribbean and italian grilled pork chops. it's a carribbean spice rub on the chops, and after grilling it's served with evoo and hot pickled peppers from an italian dish i like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom