condiments/extras you couldn't go without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does peanut butter count? I could just eat myself silly. Otherwise it would have to be mustard - Fischer & Wieser Sweet, Sour & Smokey Mustard Sauce - it is great on everything!

forgot about some of these!
mmm, seasalt and lemon pepper and peanut butter and malt vinegar, garlic and butter, all yummy. :D

There are so many that I love, and most of them for specific things. My big thing is that I'm picky. Tor instance, I will only use Lee & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce when I use Worcestershire Sauce. The others don't come close in flavor IMO. I also prefer Hunts Ketchup to Heinz. I favor spicy brown mustards over yellow prepared mustard, except on ham slices. Then, it's just the opposite. I love sour-cream, but not on spuds. Then there are the homemade condiments like quacamole, and it has to have Tobasco Sauce in it. No other hot sauce has the unique flavor. And don't even get me started on cheeses. I've ahd the oppotunity to consume award winning cheddars that make supermarket cheeses pale by comparison, and yes, cheese can be used like a condiment. Think chili-cheese dog.

And don't forget that little bit of fungus heaven, white truffle paste. All I can say is wow, and use sparingly.

There isn't enough room on this page to list everything, so I'll just cut it short here.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

As far as hot sauce goes, have multiple different ones which we use selectively. Cannot imagine life without the stuff. If we are just going to sprinkle some on a food, such as eggs, we often choose Cholula or Tapatio sauces. We find they have a lot of flavor in addition to just being hot. Like hot sauce so much that we used to travel with the very small Tabasco sauce bottles, the ones that are an inch and a half tall or so (now most restaurants have a bottle about somewhere).

One item we use as a condiment that others may not is cabbage kimchee, the Korean dish. We will chop it up and use it on sandwiches, and particularly hot dogs. Feel no hot dog is complete without multiple toppings though.

In Asian food markets have found banana sauce (Jufran seems to be the most common brand we find) that has almost become a staple. Have seen it both as hot and sweet varieties, and both are good.

There is not a condiment previously posted we do not use and enjoy.

yeah, I forgot about horseradish for roast beef sandwiches and Beef on Weck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom