Connections Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chocolate covered Cherries, we will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks while they are in the freezer, but hey just about right for Christmas. Lets Eat ! :chef:

Maidrite said:
Chocolate covered Cherries, we will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks while they are in the freezer, but hey just about right for Christmas.
Those sound fab Maidrite, do you make them yourselves from scratch?

Luscious, rich chocolate!!!

Cream of pumpkin soup

halloween02sm.gif

Piccolina said:
Those sound fab Maidrite, do you make them yourselves from scratch?

Luscious, rich chocolate!!!
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES

Drain large jar maraschino cherries. Put them between paper towels to dry them well. Mix together well: 1 can Eagle Brand milk 1 stick soft butter 1 tsp. vanilla Cover cherries with cream mixture and place in refrigerator to chill. Melt 1 (12 ounce) package of chocolate chips and 1/2 bar of paraffin wax in top of double boiler. Dip the chilled cherries into chocolate and then place on cookie sheet to harden. (HINT: Use 2 forks to dip the cherries into chocolate.) Store in refrigerator or freeze in plastic zip-lock bags

Here is a recipe close to the one I used and it isn't that hard to make ! Enjoy ! Hint Double Dip them in the Chocolate ! :chef:

I am going to toot my own Horn here , I made Chocolate Covered Cherries for President Jimmy Carter Years ago when he was President like 1978 , I moved here from Iowa I lost most of what I had Recipes were one of the big things. So its a Believe Me or Not ! However it is the Truth !

Pinch of Black Pepper !:chef:

Last edited:
Thank-you Maidrite!!! I was so hoping that you would post a recipe! No CCCs (chocolate covered cherries) to be found in these parts and I wanted to find a recipe and make some for DH as part of the Christmas spread! Both the recipe (which I love even more because it is booze-free) and your story are very cool, thanks again James! :)

New York strip steak

Back
Top Bottom