Cookie Baking - How Do You Like It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

worldview

Assistant Cook
Hope everyone in internet land is having a great day,

I've got some lovely cookies in the oven, and I'm trying a new recipe.
For those of you that make cookies do you enjoy the experience of baking or the end result ie: eating (tasting). And by that I mean those of you who know more than just the chocolate chip recipe :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy both the baking and the eating. It is a pleasure baking cookies for my children and grandchildren - or other relatives and friends. The best tasting seem to be the ones my granddaughters help me bake - even if all they did was lick the spoon.

And, yes - I make more than just chocolate chip cookies - and made from scratch!

Last edited:
I enjoy baking cookies but I find I enjoy it more when I make it into a marathon event and bake several different kinds in one day. I don't bake them as much as I used to since it's just me and DH at home and we DEFINITELY don't need the sweets hanging around.

i enjoy the making but do like the taste part best. i have made many different kinds of cookies in my life. at the moment i call my granddaughter and she comes and gets about half. only me here to eat them plus i am diabetic.

I love to bake cookies. They are so tasty and easy to make, and quick. I mean you can make simple chocolate chip cookies, or you can make more complex cookies.

Just been baking chili and chocolate cookies. I have been experimenting and had to have 2-3 to see how they turned out. I like the hint of chili taste with chocolate, it is lovely with cup of coffee.

I don't bake a lot of cookies. SO is mostly responsible for that. I do bake from time to time but my forte is eating them with a cold glass of milk.

I have just recently begun to enjoy baking cookies. I make chocolate chip with lots of walnuts, and oatmeal scotchies (with lots of walnuts). Sometimes I'll use a really good whole wheat flour (Wheat Montana), some wheat germ, toss in some coconut, almost a granola cookie. I mostly enjoy baking them for others. Currently, there is a professor on campus that has been a great listener. I make them for him. In fact, I have some ready to take to him tomorrow!

Like Callisto and Asmodean I admire some friends of mine that bake, make desserts and never eat them. I wish I was at times I had that frame of mind, then I will bake more often. The thing is If I am trying my own cookie recipe, I have to taste them before I can say, yes that is perfect. I should get others to taste it for me but I have to find out myself, lol!! Any excuse to indulge myself!!!
Yes, bread making, something I am going to go into next. Fancy making sun dried tomato and poppy seed bread, using fresh yeast. I am guessing you get better results using fresh yeast.

I enjoy cookies when the recipe is a challenge or when I decorate them; I also love to experiment and compare results. That goes for other baking, too. I think what I most enjoy is getting something perfectly right and giving it away. Along those lines, I also enjoy decorating cookies with rolled fondant or icing.
:chef:

I like to bake the cookies and then have others enjoy them. I usually eat one cookie at the most out of each batch, just to sample it.

I really enjoy baking cookies, almost more than eating them.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that make cookies do you enjoy the experience of baking or the end result ie: eating (tasting). And by that I mean those of you who know more than just the chocolate chip recipe :chef:
The eating, of course! Although the baking (and especially the smell) is fun too.

For me, nothing beats shortbread (unadulterated, without sugar sprinkled on top). I've tried all sorts of experiments with chocolate, frosting (yes, really), cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and various 'flavourings'.

I've even tried different types of flour (a gluten-free flour produced a completely different texture for example), but I always return to the original and delightfully simple 3-ingredient recipe.

Hmmm...time to get baking!

Back
Top Bottom