Cooler weather coming.. what are you having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliev

Washing Up
I'm heating up leftover chili.. making a grilled cheese sammich.. glass of milk

Masteranz, would you mind posting your recipe for miso soup? I had it for the first time last night & have fallen in love with it! I would love to try & make it myself.

When the weather turns cooler, I usually start making lots of soups. My family is especially fond of my Clam Chowder, Chicken Tortilla soup, Chicken Rice soup, Chicken Andouille Seafood Gumbo, and Jambalaya (not really a soup, I know, but it's a great one-pot meal).

Lately, I've started roasting a lot of chickens in Winter, since I've got more mouths to feed.

Pizza! Thick crust with mushrooms, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage and extra cheese :!: .

I seldom use a recipe for soup, just keep a bag of soup fixens in the freezer, make a stock, then look to see what else is in there. But soups and stews rule when you have real winter. Heats up the kitchen, can be elegant (I've had what I call three soup dinners! A big hit!), can be peasant, can do it all.

those all sound great Allen...I love to make soup stews this time of year

yes.. can you post a recipe for miso soup

LOL luvs.. "weather" you like it or not.. fall is coming very soon.

It's a beautiful sunny day and going to be at least 65 degrees, so we are having a cookout, except with a hearty Fall menu. We've splurged on a whole tenderloin which we will marinate in teriaki and garlic, then grill with indirect heat. Also will bake individual acorn squash, and serve a salad with lots of tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola and crusty Italian bread. I have a bottle of Merlot and one of Chianti, as we can never agree on red wine.
Dessert is Birthday cake for the nephew, chocolate of course... :D

lol.. melonhead just made me hungry.. sounds fabulous!!! And, a meat pie sounds good too.

Yeah Claire... sometimes the best tasting things come from stuff you have on hand.. I made a great potato soup last week that way.. it was yummy.. I also added grilled chicken, peppers and onions (I used the night before for a salad).. so ya never know.

I have a loaf of the small diameter French bread which is now unedible. So I am going to make a savory bread pudding to go with a slice of ham I will prepare with grilled pineapple cooked in the same skillet and a sauce of the pan drippings, wasabi, and butter. The bread pudding basically the same as a sweet one, however, no sugar, use sharp cheddar and fontina cheese, onions, milk, eggs, fresh ground pepper, Italian parsley and chives; then grate fresh parmasean reggiano over the top. With the rest of the bread I do not use, I am making desert bread pudding with apples, crystalized ginger, citreon, and cardamom. Good with ice cream. I did not give exact amounts because I do not measure, I guesstimate.

green.gif
:cry: DUCKS GOT PLUCKED BY THE SOONERS

mudbug said:
Gonna try RayT721's recipe for French Canadian meat pie that I copied yesterday.

Is that posted here on the recipe listing? If not, will you post it, and if it is, which one? Thanks

green.gif

mudbug said:
norgeskog, here you go:

TOURTIERE (Canadian French Meat Pie) – RayT721

Thanks mudbug, I appreciate this. (I removed the recipe no reason for it being here twice, I hope this is OK?)

green.gif

We're having meatloaf with baked bananas, potatoes and carrots, and a peach and white chocolate pudding for dessert. I made up the recipe as I went along, so lets hope it's ok!

Thanks for the meat pie recipe. I've had it before. It's also good with some hot mustard.

Hot mustard on the side for dipping.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... getting hungry over here in ny.. what am I going to make.. I might have to run to the store.. lmao

the peach and white chocolate pudding sounds fabulous.. do you have a recipe at all?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom