Cornbread sticks sticking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jet

Sous Chef
I love cornbread but there are times that I do not need a whole skillet of cornbread. So I bought a stick pan. No matter what I do, I cannot keep the cornbread from sticking. I grease the pan. I've tried preheating it, I've tried not preheating it but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Did you season it first???? If not do so...3 times before use!!!!

The CI corn bread stick pans can be a pain somtimes until well seasoned. After seasoning...pre-heat (Hot!!!) with a little oil in each cell prior to pouring in your batter....A good pan spray (Pam etc) might be the ticket also.

Enjoy!

Here is my recipe (amounts are approximate):

• 1T cornmeal
  • 1T AP flour
  • 1t sugar
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 3/4t veg oil
  • 1T Egg Beaters
  • 1T milk
Bake 8 minutes @ 400 deg F. Makes 1 stick.

The pan came pre-seasoned :rolleyes:. I thought about trying to strip it and re-season it, but I was not sure how well that would work since the cavities are so irregular (shaped like ears of corn).

Jet said:
The pan came pre-seasoned :rolleyes:. I thought about trying to strip it and re-season it, but I was not sure how well that would work since the cavities are so irregular (shaped like ears of corn).

I would not try to strip your pre-seasoned pan. I would suggest again that you season it yourself two or three times...Start with a very hot pan, with a little oil. The batter should sizzle/fry when you first put in the pan...Bake in a hot oven.

Fun!

:) I hope you are not washing pan afterwards with soap and water that will make you lose your seasoning. A good wipe after or the most after that is just plain water.

Here is my recipe (amounts are approximate):

• 1T cornmeal
  • 1T AP flour
  • 1t sugar
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 3/4t veg oil
  • 1T Egg Beaters
  • 1T milk
Bake 8 minutes @ 400 deg F. Makes 1 stick.

You're making one corn stick at a time!?

Did you know you can freeze cornbread?

I'll season it a couple of time (without stripping) and see if that makes a difference.

I simply make the number of sticks that I need. I know that cornbread freezes well, but the extra never seems to last long enough to make it into the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom