COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my second shot at Noon today. I’m told I may feel fever and aches through tomorrow. Nothing yet.

Still waiting for my category to come up. A friend who is only 6 months older than me just got an appointment with the VA in his county, and one of my trainer's clients called around to county health departments until she was able to schedule to get one even though she's 14 years younger than the current age bracket.

Andy, a friend who got her second shot was told to hydrate and take acetaminophen. She did and had no bad side effects. It might help. YMMV

Yup. Already took the 'Tylenol' and am monitoring my temp. It hasn't effected my appetite. Just had dinner. Looking forward to cake and ice cream for dessert.

Also, heard on the news that Pres. negotiated with Merck and J&J to have Merck manufacture the vaccine. There'll be enough for every American by the end of May!

Maybe that news means I'll be able to take my September Disney cruise! June is probably out at this point, given that it's an Alaska cruise for our 30th.

I got a call for a backup vaccine! [emoji16] My doctor's office is doing a vaccination event tomorrow, but it's only for people over 65 (I'm 57 and immunocompromised). But, typically 10-15 percent of people with appointments don't show up, so they're arranging for people who can be available to get there on short notice to get any leftover doses, so they don't get wasted. And I'm on the top of the list!

I still don't qualify, but supposedly the state is opening it up next week to under 65 with prior conditions. Now to find a vaccine, still very scarce. Our governor continues to be much less than helpful. I have definite vaccine envy of all who've been able to get the shot!

Last edited:
In MA we have a state COVID site which is a clearing house for vaccination locations and appointments. I have been very frustrated trying to get an appt. for SO as everything is always booked!

At the beginning of the quarantine time last year I joined a couple of local Facebook groups for the town I live in and they have been a huge help. They made me aware of shots available at the town hall where I got both my Moderna shots. Then they made me aware of availability at a local hospital where I was able to book an appointment for SO's first shot in mid-March.

I got my second, and hopefully last, shot yesterday. Right now my arm is a little sore at the injections point, as they like to say in the drug commercials, but other than that I am just peachy!

I had my 2nd dose at the end of January, had a rough day after. Several of us did. Worried about afters of my friends. So far I am the only one in my family to get it.

I was randomly selected to get vaccine. MN has a lottery going. I got Jhonson & Jhonson vaccine on Friday

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom