Cranberry Oat Squares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1.5 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup margarine/butter
1 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda !
1 14 oz tin of cranberry sauce

Mix all ingredients except cranberry sauce until crumbly. Put 1/2+ in the bottom of a 9x9 inch pan. Pour cranberry sauce over the bottom layer. Sprinkle the rest of the mixture over the cranberry sauce and press gently. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

*Notes: Best to use the jellied kind of cranberry sauce for this, the other kind soaks thru the bottom layer too much. Also DELICIOUS with Welchs grape jelly

Thankx Alix, we all love cranberry and these sound like fantabulous breakfast bars... Yum yum yum.... XOXO Mimi

Let me know how you like them. I make them every Thanksgiving and Christmas because I invariably buy a can and forget to put it out with the turkey!!

Let me know how you like them. I make them every Thanksgiving and Christmas because I invariably buy a can and forget to put it out with the turkey!!

Alix didn't get a chance to make the blueberry squares last week, however I made them today... I used a 20 oz can of blueberry pie filling, instead of the cranberry sauce... They are amazing, It took longer than 15 minutes, but well worth the wait... Delish, I will try with different pie fillings, and cranberry around the holidays... Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much!!! XOXO Mimi

You're very welcome Mimi! I'll try it with blueberry sometime too. I often buy a can to make my blue blueberry muffins and then don't know what to do with the rest. This would definitely work!

Back
Top Bottom