Crock Pot Temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Does anybody have any idea what temperature a crock pot is set at? My guess is 250 but I'm not completely sure. I am fixing turkey chili tonight and don't have a crock pot so I am going to have to use the oven. Do you think 250 is a good setting to mimic a crock pot?

Low heat is approximately 200F degrees

High heat is approximately 300F degrees

(depending on your make/model)

Cooking time on low is approximately twice of the cooking time on high

Do not remove the lid if possible during cooking as the appliance will lose heat and increase the cooking time.

Rainee said:
Do not remove the lid if possible during cooking as the appliance will lose heat and increase the cooking time.

Yeah it increases cooking time by aprox 20 minutes each time you lift the lid, or so I have been told.

Like a BBQ buddy of mine says:

If you're looking, you ain't cooking!

Thanks guys. I am getting ready to go to the grocery store and put my chili in the oven on 200 for most of the day.

bump.

i wonder if the aforementioned temps are accurate for today's slow cookers?

i'd like to try a test. i have an infrared temp gun that could help with an answer. should i measure it dry, with nothing inside the crock? or maybe an inch + or - of water? i'd think water will top out at 212.

any other cooking medium?

bump.

i wonder if the aforementioned temps are accurate for today's slow cookers?

i'd like to try a test. i have an infrared temp gun that could help with an answer. should i measure it dry, with nothing inside the crock? or maybe an inch + or - of water? i'd think water will top out at 212.

any other cooking medium?
Yes, water will top out at 100°C (212°F). I doubt the crockpot will get that high. If it does, you could try with oil.

Back
Top Bottom