Culinary gifts this year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a SearZall for my blowtorch and a PolyScience Smoking Gun.

Kay, you're going to love the Anova, until you just get bored with perfection!

Soup socks, msm? :huh: I'm going to venture a guess and say that they are used for corralling soup seasonings like garlic cloves, peppercorns, and bay leaves? I use a large tea steeper for that, but those sound "cute".

I made a jar of preserved lemons for Goober. We did our gift exchange today (well, Monday) and he said "what do I do with these?". So nice to know something culinary that Mr. Smarty Pants hasn't found out about yet. :LOL: I told him he could find answers on The Google, then added that they are great for chicken or pasta dishes. He's curious, so he'll play around with them.

Thank you LP. That's the ones.
I can fit a whole medium size chicken in one sock along with the stock veggies (onion, carrots, celery, leek tops and parsley stems). When done I pull out the sock and no straining required. I use a large tea ball for small spices such as peppercorns or picking spices. I love these soup socks. I used get frustrated straining or making cheese cloth bundles.

Last edited:
I found myself a nice vintage #8 slant logo Griswold cast iron skillet. I don't have it stripped and seasoned yet. It should make a nice addition to a few others I've picked up.

Ross, that cook this page...pretty interesting. I can see myself cooking with my grandchild-in-law, she's 4, putting the food on the page then cooking it. That would be fun. Though, I imagine she might try to help her mom after that, putting food on mom's recipe book pages. ha ha.

blissful.....

I hadn't thought about cooking with kids... That's a great idea...

I'd think a youngster could be enticed to learn some great kitchen skills..

Maybe a bit older than 4 tho, for the reason you give...... :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom