Curry paste/sauce tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Argamemnon

Senior Cook
I need some tips, how long can I keep homemade curry sauce/paste in the fridge, and how can I make it tasty? I remember eating uncle ben's tikka masala sauce (if I remember correctly) and thought it was really good. The sauce was red.

It depends on the ingredients. If it's a sauce with dairy, it would probably keep for a few days, tops. But if it's a Thai-like paste, it should keep for a while longer. It shoud also freeze well. I like to mix curry paste with a little mayo and use it anywhere you would use catsup, especially for dipping tater tots. You could also add a little water and use it as a marinade or rub, mix it with ranch for a tasty salad dressing. Of coarse, it's good in curry too =).

I need some tips, how long can I keep homemade curry sauce/paste in the fridge, and how can I make it tasty? I remember eating uncle ben's tikka masala sauce (if I remember correctly) and thought it was really good. The sauce was red.

I have no idea about 'uncle ben's tikka masala', but I can suggest a good curry paste for preparing Indian chicken or mutton dishes.

3 medium sized onions
1 inch long ginger
10-12 cloves of garlic
4 dried red chili (if you prefer hot otherwise 2 will be enough)

Make paste all of the above together and place in a air tight glass container and keep under refrigeration, it will regain good for a week.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have also found some online sources about preparing "restaurant style curry pastes". I will probably be making it different each time till I get the right taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom