Cute Crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinnyPNW

Master Chef
Earlier this year, I was looking for a recipe to use up some roast turkey left-overs and I came across a recipe for Turkey Pot Pie Soup. Turns out there are a lot of "pot pie" soup recipes and many suggest making crackers from pie crust. I took that suggestion and used some Corgi Shaped Cookie Cutters. I just happened to have one sheet of left-over refrigerator pie crust that I needed to use up anyway. The recipe said to cut discs or shapes from the pie crust, place on parchment lined cookie sheet, brush with a bit of milk and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. I added just a sprinkle of sea salt to the top too. Turns out, I needed to bake about 15-20 minutes to get a nice golden cracker, but they were very tasty and just perfect as a garnish for the soup. Ta-da:

IMG_4994.jpg

I made some of each breed, those with tails and those without tails.

So....yesterday, I noticed a site that shows how to make cute fried potatoes. Slice them and make them into smiley faces. Use a straw to cut eyes and a spoon's edge to make the smile. And it struck me that this would be totally cute as crackers for soup and such. Not from potato, but from pie crust or other dough. A great addition to soup for a rainy day, or on a charcuterie board for a holiday party?

Smiles make us smile? :chef:

Thanks DragN and GG! I do think that Smiley Faces would be almost as cute! Although, I'm thinking it might be nice to have a "Get Well Soon" cookie stamp around too.

One year my son gave huge cookies to all the family.
Each had a personal message stamped/embossed on it. He ordered it on line. Made for really fun gifts as each was geared to the person -

LOL, needless to say, his brothers' message was rather rude!

Great fun!

One year my son gave huge cookies to all the family.
Each had a personal message stamped/embossed on it. He ordered it on line. Made for really fun gifts as each was geared to the person -

LOL, needless to say, his brothers' message was rather rude!

Great fun!

It does sound like great fun!

Ran over to Freddie's today (Kroger), as we needed milk and they are about the only place around that carries our preferred brand now. So, I walked thru the magazine and books aisle, as we often do. I spotted a couple of cookbooks that seemed of interest. Both had interesting recipes that I thought I would like to try. As I was about to walk away, a lady walked up and asked about one of them...since there were no other copies, I let her have that one. Anyway, the one I brought home has a great cracker recipe...Gooseberry Patch Recipes: Cheesy Cut-Out Crackers from A Year of Holidays I'm betting they will look great as Corgis! The book has tons of fun and cute holiday type things in it. I think it will be a handy book, with quick/easy fun things to make!

Back
Top Bottom