Dancing Ladies Dinner - 1/2/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lower back pinched bad yesterday..today it was better, but any false move sent breathtaking shocks through my entire body..thanks to the open kitchen concept in the deli, the customers got a bizarre show of a cook hopping around on one leg..gotta love self employment..

I know whatcha' mean.

I can push old cars around, lift heavy objects with no problem... and then, my back goes out putting on my shoes. :LOL:

CD

Thank you all for the good wishes. SO and I had a very good dinner at a local restaurant.

My dinner was braised beef, short rib, root vegetable mashed, crispy brussels sprouts, red wine reduction

fullsizeoutput_542e.jpg

SO had thai noodle, rice noodles, peanut sauce, spicy peanuts, stir fry vegetables, grilled shrimp

fullsizeoutput_5430.jpg

There were coffees, creme brûlée and carrot cake for dessert.

Last edited:
Great looking chili, Joey! :yum: Homemade chili is on my menu very soon.

Happy 20th Anniversary to you and SO, Andy. :flowers:

Those of you with back issues - or a 'hitch in your gitalong' (as my grandma used to say), I feel for you. I had the same thing happen last week - don't know why, I'd been active all week. All I did was get up from the floor from playing a game with my grandson, and the next morning I was sore and it took several days to recover. :ermm::(

My NYD cook got postponed... thank you, sciatic nerve, for starting the new year off right. :rolleyes: :mad:

So, the pork and sauerkraut is brazing in the oven right now. I have some Angry Orchard Crisp Cider in the braising liquid. Pork and apples are friends. :yum:

I'll whip up some cheater mashed potatoes when everything else is ready -- thanks Idahoan. :chef:

CD

It turned out great! The pork was moist and fall-apart tender. The pork, cider and kraut played very well together.

It is not a pretty dish -- rather monotone. But, it ate well. :yum:

CD

Attachments

• PorkKraut001.jpg
    PorkKraut001.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 86
It's surprising how good a beige dinner tastes, cd. I hope your back (and Roch's back, and Cheryl's back all) feel fine. Take solace in a saying of my Mom's: a weak back means a strong mind.

We're still running green plate specials at Loverly's. Tonight's meal was a quick one of hot beef sandwiches, mashed potatoes, and canned corn. No time for real cooking because Loverly took me shopping for my Christmas gift - new shoes. I hope my crabby feet like them.
IMG_20190102_204934436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom