"David Rocco's Dolce Vita" on "Cooking Channel"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
This has become, by far, my favorite show on this channel. The cooking is bright, fresh, simple everyday Italian cooking - by far the best authentic "everyday" Italian cooking show I've seen so far (& that includes Mario B. & Giada). Mario can hem & haw about it, but I tend to believe that more Italians cook at home like David Rocco than they do like Mario - lol! I've copied & saved so many recipes already we'll almost be Italian by the time I've finished trying them all - lol!

In addition, the few non-cooking segments of the show really give you a feel of "every day" Italy. Friendly, & sort of makes you feel you're there (even if you don't speak Italian - lol!). All in all, I really like this show. Since it's most likely a rerun show, I can only hope it didn't have a short season.:)

Thanks for the info Dave! What a shame that there were only 3 seasons. It looks like it was a really nice show. I particularly liked the everyday natural light cooking. Haven't seen that to this extent in any other Italian cooking show.

Unfortunately, it's being a "good show" is what most likely got it eventually canned. That's what happens to "good shows".

It's only the idiotic carnival-like shows that stave on relentlessly. . .

Boy - does that say a LOT about tv-cooking-show viewers. How very very sad.

I never heard of him, but I gotta say he's not hard on the eyes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So Breezy is he on the cooking channel, or off??? I'm confused... :huh::huh::huh:

He is currently on the Cooking Channel. His show is being rerun on there.

Yes, his show is currently being broadcast on the Cooking Channel, but since all of their shows appear to be reruns of shows that started elsewhere, I'm assuming that it got canned from some other network.

He's definitely easy on the eyes, but it's funny how he reminds me somehow of a male version of Giada DeLaurentiis - the sort of bony face & wide mouth with all those bright white teeth - lol!!

Whoa! Don't get so worked up! He wasn't canceled.

His show is on the Food Network in Canada - they have a different lineup than we do in the US. His show is currently in its 4th season on FN Canada. The Cooking Channel is playing episodes from the earlier seasons as part of its new lineup.

I'm sure you'll be seeing more of him.

Back
Top Bottom