December 1st dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'd love to say my darling and I will go out to dinner tonight since I have to work the next several days starting VERY early tomorrow, but alas, it can't be with me and my dental dilemma. So, he's made some rather odd requests.
There'll be no rhyme or reason for what he wants but he'll get it anyhoo.

Cincinnati Skyline Chili, so spaghetti with chili 'witt'.
Green beans, recipe here in sausage gravy with onions.
Mile high chocolate cake with WM's birthday cake ice cream.

What's on your table tonight?

Happy weekend! Happy December 1st!

Last edited:
So far I am thinking, chicken fried pork cube steak/ bnls. chicken thighs with onion gravy, potatoes, corn and biscuits. Dessert sons Birthday cake, (chocolate with caramel frosting) & ice cream.

A sushi bar with friends. I don't dislike it, but I can't quite understand its attractiveness.

hanging out with friends, or the bar? :huh:

for me: another saturday, another double. another commute into the city, another battle for parking; another gauntlet home for the bath and bedtime ritual, another nascar race back to work. dinner at 1am. probably wendy's.

i wonder if this wheel ever stops? :sick:

Pizza, it`s Saturday :)

although I did buy a bag of freshly made donuts at the Christmas tree lighting fair in my town (about 100 foot away from my front door), needless to say they were all gone in that distance and never made it home except for one for my daughter, they were still a bit too hot for her to eat :)

buckytom - hanging out with friends, although I'm up for a glass of wine or two on a Saturday night. Wine and shushi don't seem like the perfect blend. I enjoy my friends, but will be content to make it an early evening, come home and pour myself a glass of shiraz.

Either Italian Stew or Stroganoff..... I gots to go get some mushrooms either way!

Dr Pepper can chicken. Probably with potato wedges and green beans. Nawww, I think I'll make some half baked/half fried potatos on the grill instead, since I'll have it on for a good spell anyway.

We're in the middle of a winter storm...freezing rain right now..so we are staying in the house!

I've got some chicken breasts, red taters, and onions waiting to be eaten. Not sure what I'm doing with them yet.

DH has ribs smoking on the Big Green Egg. I will be doing something with cabbage, and some butternut squash to go with it. Perhaps a quinoa pilaff, as well.

Yes, both sake and soju, not tried umeshu though. It's the sushi. We have nearby restaurants with great food. Why sushi??? I will eat it, but it's not my food of choice.

Steak sandwiches tonight. Thin sliced NY Strip with tomato, lettuce and mayo on toased grinder rolls, some oven roasted yukon golds on the side. Chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

flourgirl, do you like garlic? rub a clove of raw garlic on the toasted roll before you start piling on, like you would do for a bruschetta. it adds a whole other dimension to your sammie.

same goes for adding a slice of cheese, then popping it under the toaster to melt.

Not sure what we're having. Normally we'd be spending the day on our regular "Date Day," but we're saving that expense and fun for our anniversary later in the month. I'm going to have to poke around in the freezer to see what's already there or what inspires me.

Well.. that's a good question!! It's Microsofts x-mas party tonight and we had planned on eating (and drinking) dinner there... BUT, it's SNOWING like crazy right now and Seattle drivers can not handle the snow. We may be staying home...

Well, the spareribs were a success. Absolutely perfect, and that was our first try on the Egg. We had squash and cabbage braised with caraway seeds with them. I could do that again.

Horrible weather predicted, snow, followed by freezing rain, so I put on a big pot of chicken soup this morning. The nasty weather is here and the soup tastes really good.

We're supposed to get nasty winter weather all day tomorrow into Monday so we took advantage of a dry evening and got out one last time before being cooped up for awhile! We got some errands done and just stopped for soup and salad. We'll have brownie sundaes here in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom